• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Top Rear Panel for older MesaBoogie 4x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little-b

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for 2 to 4 Top Rear panels for the 80/90s boogie 4x12 metal grill cabinets...Also looking for one bottom cab of that era.......

Thats very cool to know someones able to make those...I called Mesa and they said they havent made those for a long time...I see in the period correct catalog that theyre made out of select mahogany plywood..

Littleb said:
Thats very cool to know someones able to make those...I called Mesa and they said they havent made those for a long time...I see in the period correct catalog that theyre made out of select mahogany plywood..

Fwiw "Select mahogany plywood"... is somewhat of a joke as it's just "marketing" hype.
It's called "Luan" here in the US aka Phillipino mahogany. It's cheap stuff.
There is so much of a certain species of mahogany growing in the Philippines they use it for everything.
(Kind of like there is so much pine growing in the USA).
Years ago when soldiers stationed in the Philippines were heading home they used to make crates to ship their belongings out of Luan.

You could always cut a piece of plywood for the top back panel.

Here's one I made before tolexing it:

4x12withv30s03_sm.jpg

Here's the top back panel above after getting tolexed.

Jims4x1201_resize-1.jpg

Or Maybe just paint it black like someone did to this one:

4x12-04_resize.jpg

Back