• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: TA-15

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markblasco

Reaction score
Just like the title says, I'm looking to buy a used TA-15, preferably one that is newer, and has had no problems in the past. I'm looking to spend about $650ish. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Guitar Center used pages has quite a few on there. Check them out if you get a chance. And enjoy that TA-15 when you get it!

That's a good idea, I've never looked through their used stuff online before. In this case, it didn't matter, since someone contacted me earlier today, and the head should be on it's way tomorrow!

Well, In some ways it is amazing. The cleans and slightly dirty sound is to die for. The higher gain stuff, though, is leaving me completely unimpressed. I didn't expect a rectifier, but any sort of palm muting, even non metal stuff, is just not working for me. Now I'm not sure what I should do, since I love the clean sound, but the dirty sound isn't going to work for me. I may just end up picking up a mini rectifier, but I'm going to have to try one out first and see if the clean sounds on that one are useable. If not, maybe I'll just have to have both, since 99% of what I do is in the studio, so using a couple different heads isn't an issue. Hmm... we'll see...

markblasco said:
Well, In some ways it is amazing. The cleans and slightly dirty sound is to die for. The higher gain stuff, though, is leaving me completely unimpressed. I didn't expect a rectifier, but any sort of palm muting, even non metal stuff, is just not working for me. Now I'm not sure what I should do, since I love the clean sound, but the dirty sound isn't going to work for me. I may just end up picking up a mini rectifier, but I'm going to have to try one out first and see if the clean sounds on that one are useable. If not, maybe I'll just have to have both, since 99% of what I do is in the studio, so using a couple different heads isn't an issue. Hmm... we'll see...

I might be interested in picking your TA-15 up if you end up deciding to sell it. :)

I was totally umimpressed with the gain of "hi 2," but I understand the philosophy behind the amp, etc.

It's only got 2 tube gain stages, so you gotta put a pedal in front of it. I've used a Keeley SD-1, which gets things cooking. And I've used a Blackstar tube Boost pedal, which gets things cooking in a way I like better. I use the Blackstar for high gain soloing and the Keeley for high gain rhythm stuff.

I also threw a high gain 12AX7 in V2, which helps things even more with the pedal!

I'm also having a tech look into some options for increasing the gain, to include circuitry mods or possibly adding a 3rd and 4th gain stage using the triodes in V1.

talltxguy said:
I was totally umimpressed with the gain of "hi 2," but I understand the philosophy behind the amp, etc.

It's only got 2 tube gain stages, so you gotta put a pedal in front of it. I've used a Keeley SD-1, which gets things cooking. And I've used a Blackstar tube Boost pedal, which gets things cooking in a way I like better. I use the Blackstar for high gain soloing and the Keeley for high gain rhythm stuff.

I also threw a high gain 12AX7 in V2, which helps things even more with the pedal!

I'm also having a tech look into some options for increasing the gain, to include circuitry mods or possibly adding a 3rd and 4th gain stage using the triodes in V1.

I put a boost in front of it to try to get more gain, and it did get more gain, and sounded much better, but still didn't come close to my F-30, which is the amp I'm trying to replace. Any time the note was muted at all, or started to trail off on the lower notes, it would get really warbly. I tried out a mini rectifier yesterday, and it didn't have any of the same issues with gain, and the cleans may be something I can live with.

Latest posts

Back