WTB: MK III Coli

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto, add me to the list too!!! The Colis are amazing amps, but they are not suited for bedroom playing. These amps need to be opened up, and they get LOUD! With that said, there's a reason I have a Coli AND a standard Mark III Blue Stripe...

mesaboogie6L6 said:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Yeah, I'm not quite sure when the Blue Colis first started appearing, but I would assume '88 is pretty early, either at the tail end of the Reds, or maybe even overlapping. I have all the serial number ranges, but I don't remember a comprehensive date chart relating to each serial number (ex. 24500/Red/06-1988, 24501/Blue/07-1988).

mesaboogie6L6 said:
My serial is #270XX

Awesome! Mine is 226XX. Something interesting though, written in sharpie on the circuit board is "#106". I would assume this designates the number of Mark III Colis in existence...but who really knows. There's also some other numbers scrawled on the board by Mr. Bendinelli, but I can't decipher what they apply to.

My "normal" Mark III Long Head is 231XX and was born 2 months after my Coli, which leads me to believe Mesa cranked out around 5,000 units in a 2 months timespan.

...and according to known records, 21XXX to 24XXX is supposed to be a Red Stripe, with the Blue Stripes kicking off around the 24XXX mark...

Back