• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Mesa Mark V or Mark IV ...IN CANADA

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drstone

Reaction score
Wanted to buy, within Canada, a mesa mark iv or mark v, head or combo. prefer the combo.

I have a 1 month old Mark V Head I am looking to sell. I'm in Brampton, Ontario. PM on the way.

I've purchased guitars and **** from the states and I live in Canada...shipping usually isn't to bad more depends what side of the countries you and the seller are.

There's a Mark V head at Long and Mcquade in Ottawa. I was the proud owner for a couple of weeks then decided I loved my Roadster too much to cheat.

Anytime I add up the cost of importing one, it always has at least $200-250 in just taxes. Sometimes as much as $350. Then shipping something from the states is twice as much as shipping one from elsewhere inside canada. When you take the mark v for example, most are going for $1800-1900 usd. Add on 300 and youve got 2200, then add another 150 for shipping and youre up to 2350. Then factor in the exchange rate, (small as of now) and youve got another 50. So your used, possibly damaged from shipping amp, is 2400. Price of a new combo from long and mcquade...2475.

Do you live near a US border? If you do, get them to send the amp to a UPS Store. They don't have to use UPS to ship, they just ship it to your name at the address of the UPS store. PM me if you want more details. Also, if you buy from L & M or Steve's Music, shipping is free.

Are you near a Long & McQuade? They're usually quite happy to bring in stock from other stores... at least mine is. :D

There's a new Mk V head at the Burlington L&M... it's been sitting there, looking sad and forlorn, for a few weeks now. A loving family needs to adopt it! :wink:

Ahh I wish!, but im about a 12 hour drive away from the nearest location!
also if i can get one shipped here for ~1900 as opposed to 2800 thats a bonus!

I actually found one here in the country a while ago that Im holding out for, but
Im getting the feeling that its sold since I havent heard from the seller in days :(

I've got a mint condition 2007 Mark IV med head, with full set of replacement Mesa preamp and power amp tubes (6l6 and el34). The cover, manuals etc. I don't have the footswitch but I have a custom Axess Electronics CFX4 which give you midi control of all the functions the footswitch has.

Send me a pm and we can sort it out if your interested. I'm in Toronto.

Here she is:

IMG_0556.jpg

Heyy! awesome, great amp, thought id be waiting forever. Ill let you know in a few days, im just waiting to hear back about a mark v, so as soon as I find out ill let you know!

drstone said:
Heyy! awesome, great amp, thought id be waiting forever. Ill let you know in a few days, im just waiting to hear back about a mark v, so as soon as I find out ill let you know!

Let me know, I'm sure we can work something out that's favorable to you and me!

Back