• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Dual Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreeziakAttack

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a Dual Rectifier, I would prefer the 2 channel one but would consider the 3. PM me and we'll negotiate, I'm not going to waste your time or mine. Thanks.

GreeziakAttack said:
I am considering purchasing a Dual Rectifier, I would prefer the 2 channel one but would consider the 3. PM me and we'll negotiate, I'm not going to waste your time or mine. Thanks.
go for the 3 channel. dont believe all the hype about the 2 ch being better. the 3 channel does everything the 2 ch does and more!!!
mesa boogie told me that if the 2 channels were a better amp they would still be producing them. more features and options on the 3 ch. i went through the same thing as you, and i purchased a 3ch best thing i done.
good luck and remember on the dr it is best to tune your tone with your ears and not your eyes.
the eq can be tricky. :D

BULLSH!T !!! While the modern selling 3 channels are quite versatile...DO believe the hype about the 2 channels !!!!

I've had several DR's and a Triple REC, mostly all 2 channels and I HAVE to say...get a 2 channel !!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tone is NOT the same as previously aforementioned ! Now, I guess this all comes down to usage and TASTE and if TONE is what you are after...GET a 2 channel a 93 or early 94 Revision F...nuff said !

Features ? Options ? Leave that for a new car purchase ! They smell great !!!!!!!

WORD !

Both of you are right. I own a 3 Channel Recto and a 2 Channel Recto, and honestly, they are just good for different things.

For example, if I want chunk, sheer volume, and MASSIVE low end, I plug into the 2 Channel.

If I want a better mid-range heavy mix, a solo boost and a little bit more versatility, then I plug into the 3 Channel.

Simple as that. Just depends on what you are going for. I personally love both of them. However I have modified my 3 Channel with a Presence pot mod and done the bias mod. Those 2 things def. helped.

So to compare the two is really a bunch of crap.

Just my 2 Cents......

ThunderMonkey said:
BULLSH!T !!! While the modern selling 3 channels are quite versatile...DO believe the hype about the 2 channels !!!!

I've had several DR's and a Triple REC, mostly all 2 channels and I HAVE to say...get a 2 channel !!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tone is NOT the same as previously aforementioned ! Now, I guess this all comes down to usage and TASTE and if TONE is what you are after...GET a 2 channel a 93 or early 94 Revision F...nuff said !

Features ? Options ? Leave that for a new car purchase ! They smell great !!!!!!!

WORD !
ok you have your opinion. but the way i look at it is. if they are that great they would still make them. the 3 channel will do everything the 2 channel will do. just tune your tone with your ears and not your eyes. and in your case not your mouth!
and you said it its all hype.
more older 2channels for sale than 3 channels. do you really think boogie would go backwards. cmon get with the program man!!!

Gentlemen,
the old argument "if they were that great, they'd still be making them" is lousy logic. Let's see, the Mark IIC+ was the holy grail of tone. They stopped making that. The Mark IV was the next holy grail. They stopped making that. Look at every great car ever made. Don't even start on computers. And, gee, it sure seems that vintage Fender amps continue to be considered "holy grails" of vintage tone and I am pretty sure they don't make those anymore either.

Things can be great for their time, and then improvements, innovation, etc... lead a company to change their product line. No matter how successful a product is, a company has to grow, change, try new things. They can't keep the tooling and assembly systems to support every model, and have to pick and choose what to keep building and what to let go.

So, they can all be great amps even if they aren't made anymore.

I say let's take this discussion else where and let the guy buy his amp! :lol:

I have that Tremoverb for sale , which is a 2ch DR with verb and the tremolo...

Thanks!

MikeK said:
I say let's take this discussion else where and let the guy buy his amp! :lol:

i agree either way they are both great amps. i played both and feel the 3 channel version does take some tone tweaking, but the goodies are there. the eq on the 3 ch i find operate differently than the 2 ch versions.
take your pick. and congrats on your boogie purchase.

Latest posts

Back