• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Black Shadow-see for details

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

>Photi G<

Reaction score
I've been finding the EVM in my Mark III to be a bit too harsh, so I want to swap it out for a Black Shadow. Either MC-90 or MS-12 is acceptable. I'll probably throw the EVM in a thiele, so no trades please. I'd prefer a local pickup, so if you live in eastern PA, or West NJ, or somewhere around that area, I'd be happy to arrange something.

Thanks,
George.

The EV has better bass response so be prepared to give that up when/if you switch.

If you want to smooth out a MIII you can also:

a) keep the presence down
b) get someone to put a 2k cap in the C30 position
c) put some tung-sols in the preamp

good luck

boogiemon said:
The EV has better bass response so be prepared to give that up when/if you switch.

If you want to smooth out a MIII you can also:

a) keep the presence down
b) get someone to put a 2k cap in the C30 position
c) put some tung-sols in the preamp

good luck

Thanks for the tips, but that's all stuff I already know. I want a speaker primarily for the tone, but also because I'm building a thiele cab to put the EV in and I want something darker to put in the combo. I'd go for a used Black Shadow of either variety before I go and pull the trigger on a new one.

Latest posts

Back