Wow!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

av8or3

Reaction score
Friend called me up to ask me to bring an amp out to out for him to use on our Tuesday Night jam. I always take my Boogie for myself, but my buddy needed something in addition to my usual (It's his jam and normally his amp and mine are available for use to the jammers, but since his is broke, he called me)
So now I haul out my MkIIC+ (for me) and my Lone Star (for him). This is the first time out for the Lone Star since I split it out of a combo into a headshell and a 2x12 cab (to make it easier to transport)
FWIW, splitting it up is the best thing since sliced bread. 2 trips were no problem, as opposed to one at 79lbs.
The big news is, the amp sounded fantastic! Mike always likes to set his amp up on a chair (or stand) so thats how I set it up.
I always set the Boogie up on the floor and tilt it back, on stage it's earsplitting but out on the floor it sounds just right.
The C+ sounded awesome, as always and as expected. But the Lone Star really sounded really, really good with compliments and repeated requests to turn it DOWN/???. It sounded really good on stage, but apparently was really loud and clear out on the floor.
I'll vouch for the loud and clear for sure, but the thing had good tone a well. I have'nt played it since getting my C+ so the tone and the headroom came almost as a suprise to me.
Both channels. One fellow played a Line 6 modeling guitar through it and sounded like Jimi Hendrix, another fellow switched to channel 2 (for a little hair) and it cut through like a Marshall 100 watt stack! Really loud.... (but with good tone)
Anyway, I had been entertaining thoughts of selling the Pig but after hearing it I've had a change of heart.
Ya' never know, I may get a shot at playing Shea Stadium one day. If so I'll have all the amp I'll need.
Jim

Ya know, it's always a surprise to me when other guys play my rig(s). Cuz I always enjoy it. One of these days I gonna split the pig also. Then I gotta get a good cab.

Back