With or Without Effects Loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I only run the Flashback Delay through the effects loop. I'm having an issue where the delay doesnt sound as clear/loud as running straight into amp. Should I just disable effects loop and run straight into the amp? Also what exactly does the Send Level do? I have it set to 12 o'clock. Should I adjust that?

Delays usually work best in the loop. That's how most people use delays anyway. But they can be ran in front. It depends on what you want and what you think sounds best. The send level control is exactly that, it controls the level of the signal going through the fx loop. It usually works best at noon when you are using a couple of quality pedals. When you're using a lot of pedals sometimes it may need adjusting. Experiment and you'll find what works best. My delay works great in loop with the send level at noon. If you haven't already, read the manual. It's a really good read and you'll learn a lot. If you have read it, read it again. There is a lot of important information in there you need to know to fully understand and get the best out of your amp. I've read it many times and I keep learning new things.

Don't forget that your Channel Masters are not just to balance the volume between channels, but also they are the source for the effects send level. You need to be sure you are sending an adequate signal to the fx loop, without overdriving it. The Send Level control is there for fine-tuning.

Authorized Boogie said:
Don't forget that your Channel Masters are not just to balance the volume between channels, but also they are the source for the effects send level. You need to be sure you are sending an adequate signal to the fx loop, without overdriving it. The Send Level control is there for fine-tuning.

According to the manual the channel masters are the FX loop return, not the send.

conrad79 said:
Authorized Boogie said:

According to the manual the channel masters are the FX loop return, not the send.

Thanks for pointing that out. We will have that corrected shortly.

Back