Why!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyrexia

Reaction score
People driving up the price on IVs!!! Why not just wait for the next one? There are like 13400 Mark IVs in existence, arrrgh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IV-Wide-Body-Head_W0QQitemZ250257561820QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ok so it has a case but still...

That's the guy that had it at $3500 originally.... Heh...

I'm not selling mine, I like it too much.

Check out this $4k 2x12 stack

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/msg/721067249.html

that ebay listing didn't sell. Only 2 guys bid on it and it doesn't meet the reserved price.

shredding said:
that ebay listing didn't sell. Only 2 guys bid on it and it doesn't meet the reserved price.

The two bids were probably his shills too. $1700 is a little high for a MKIV head even if it is nearly new and his reserve still wasn't met.

These jokers will be left in the dust holding their gear when the news from boogie about the new amp hits the streets. These guys are just trying to cash in on the speculation that the Mark series has ended.

Scott

I agree, whenever the MarkV hits the streets, the MarkIV will gradually drop in price. There are too many out there to be a collectors item. Same happened with MarkIII, which are quite cheap now.

breogan said:
I agree, whenever the MarkV hits the streets, the MarkIV will gradually drop in price. There are too many out there to be a collectors item. Same happened with MarkIII, which are quite cheap now.

Mark III's cheap? They have gone up in price in the last few years...

I must say when i checked out picking up a IV a few months ago there were some going for about £1000 on feebay. Some maybe less.

But now...jeez.

I'm not knocking the Mark IV, but for an amp with such a love/hate reputation those prices are crazy!

One of my favourite Mark IV analogys comes from my golf coach (an avid amp collector):

"Trying to come to terms with a proper golf swing is like...trying to dial in a Mark IV! Everyone starts out with the classic Marshall swing - everything on 11 - no expertise required. But a proper golf swing requires years of perfecting and subtle tweaking till you end up with something 100 times better than you started with. Of course, just as many people get fed up with it and walk away."

(I wasn't sure if by this point he was talking about golf or amps...) :lol:

This thread is comical. I paid more than I should have for my Mark IV and I am PROUD of it. My obscene purchase did not make me default on any of my loans or take food out of the mouths of my children. I buy things because I like them, not because others think it is economically sound or prudent. It was worth it to me, and that is the bottom line. If someone wants to pay 3k for a Mark IV they should do it. It's none of my business.

I agree with the post above me. For a mint condition mark IV, with a case, that is more than a fair price. You can't get them in that condition anymore...once they're used, there's no more ordering from Mesa to get a new one. :lol:

Back