why me

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter

Reaction score
Well I picked up my Lonestar Classic from the repair place and the tech guy says he can't find anything wrong with it. Well the problem is mostly on the 2nd channel. The distortion sounds flabby,grainy,harsh etc and has very little sustain its anything but smooth and im pretty sure its supposed to sound alot better than that. how on earth could this be? Is it possible that the power in my house could have caused this? would a overdrive pedal solve my problems? btw I use a Les Paul Special with DiMarzio Eric Johnson pickups(vintage/low output)

has it always sounded like that? i would drive to the nearest mesa dealer near you and see if they have one and compare the two

Without seeing and hearing your amp I would say the problem is your pickup.
Get a hi gain dimarzio such as evos.Than you could chose how much gain you want from your amp.With a low gain pup you'll have to crank your amp's gain and even doing that you'll get a weak distortion.
Remember I'm presuming your amp doesn't have a problem. :wink:

Peter said:
Well I picked up my Lonestar Classic from the repair place and the tech guy says he can't find anything wrong with it. Well the problem is mostly on the 2nd channel. The distortion sounds flabby,grainy,harsh etc and has very little sustain its anything but smooth and im pretty sure its supposed to sound alot better than that. how on earth could this be? Is it possible that the power in my house could have caused this? would a overdrive pedal solve my problems? btw I use a Les Paul Special with DiMarzio Eric Johnson pickups(vintage/low output)

It is possible the power in your house could be a problem , have you tried anywhere else ? Even a different outlet ? How about tubes . Call mesa artist relations at 707 778 6565

yah its always sounded like that. I'll probably get a power conditioner and try someone elses guitar. Guitar Center always seems to have alot of broken display amps though.

Even if you can't check out another Lonestar bring your guitar and check your guitar with another tube amp even if its not Mesa. This should indicate if its your axe or not.

You should be getting a warm, rich, smooth gain-not much, but whats there should sound so good it gives you chills-you've got bad power tubes, perhaps. The tech may not know what he was supposed to hear, and if everthing else is fine...tubes.

Latest posts

Back