why is my amp picking up radio stations?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a new (used) Marshall and it's doing the same thing. Power is coming from the Furman Pl-8. Only does it with a cable plugged in. Tried 3 different cables, both guitars, no pedals, different outlets, still getting radio. It does it with cable only and also cable w/guitar.

Need to try a different apartment, I guess. None of my other amps do this. :?

LSCMan said:
I just got a new (used) Marshall and it's doing the same thing. Power is coming from the Furman Pl-8. Only does it with a cable plugged in. Tried 3 different cables, both guitars, no pedals, different outlets, still getting radio. It does it with cable only and also cable w/guitar.

Need to try a different apartment, I guess. None of my other amps do this. :?

Do they have the spanish station in Alaska?

Way back when I first got my two channel Dual, I would get all kinds of foreign language stations through it, seemingly at random. One time, I even got a russian talk station at the same time as a spanish talk station. The problem got better when I started using better cables, but the problem went away entirely when I moved to a different practice space.

WillShred

why is it always a spanish station that gets picked up?!
**** dudes, I´m Spanish what you are hearing is the latino music that we also hate that isn´t spanish, salsa is latino. Our music is the great flamenco :wink:

Hasta la polla del reagaeton ( trans: No more reagaton, please )

RR wrote:
G.I.G. wrote:
RR wrote:
If you plan to record with the amp, then insulate your whole room like this:

Nice!!!

That will also prevent aliens from reading your mind!

I got that cover too.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

LOL! I haven't laughed that hard in awhile! Thanks guys!

On topic: I used to have the alien mind reading and salsa station problem. But I got the news station, helpful when you want to know what temperature it is outside! Any ways switched out all my cables and problem solved!

All that security is not working if you don´t connect it into the ground, another chance to isolate your mind from alien beholders is to eat a lot of iron...

picnic said:
This problem reminds of the part in the "Spinal Tap" movie when they were playing at a Air Force base and the control tower/airplane transmissions started coming out of the PA during a song. The looks on their faces was outright funny.

that was and is a great movie cause all of my amps go to 11 (cliche), i wish and because my friend can play stone henge on the old mandolin

Back