Who's Used Mesa 2x12 3/4 Back Cabinet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ Slaughter

Reaction score
If you've played through a Mesa Boogie 2x12 3/4 back cab can you tell me your impressions? I use to own the 1x12 3/4 but like a fool sold it. Now I need a cabinet for a DC-10, and soon a Stiletto Deuce, and would prefer the 2x12 for the extra power handling capabilities anyway. I liked the 1x12 but the 2x12 looks like the same size cab to me with another speaker crammed in.

I'm using one with a Roadster but I haven't commented yet because I have never used anything else. It sounds pretty good to me, but other cabinets may sound better and I wouldn't know. :roll:

I have it with the c90's, sounds great. especially when used with a closed back cab. Fills the room very well.

Thanks for all the input. I went ahead and pulled the trigger after I have a chance to check it out I'll let you know what I think Happysinner.

HappySinner said:
Glad you asked, MJ - I'm thinking about the same cabinet to add to my RKI 212 combo, and would like to know what some owners think. :)

I got my 2x12 3/4 cab yesterday and so far am very happy with it. Surprised that it is actually shorter than the 1x12 3/4 back though. To me it's the best of both worlds, fair amount of low-end while not being so directional as a closed back can be. Sitting down low it would be harder to hear from where I stand if it were a closed back but with the bit of openness I can hear well standing over it. I was hoping for a 20" tall cab and not the 17" that this cab is but it works great. My wife would say it looks cute with the head. Though I like the looks and huge sound of bigger cabinets I really needed it small so I can fit everything in my trunk and this cab leaves me extra room.

I asked Kris at Mesa Boogie about the size differences between the 1x12 and 2/12: Yes the 2x12 is slightly smaller and was designed to go along with the Heartbreaker Series. The 1x12 was designed to go hand and hand with the Rectoverb which would be taller.

Bottom line is that I'm happy and love the sound.

Heres a pic. Bad lighting, don't know why the grill came out so light on the head.

DC-5HeadCab.jpg

Got one too. Very nice cab. As you say, fits in the trunk, easy to carry at gigs, and sounds very good. Use it with a single recto. All I can say is, that I'm happy too :D
Here it is:

rectosetup.jpg

B.r. andershoeg
(well, can't figure the image thing out. so... :?

I've got the exact same set up as you do man, and I love it! I might replace the c90's with V30's though.

Back