Who was it that exclaimed the C+ the "Holy Grail"?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RocketRick said:
Lester,

I do have to get back to see my 87 yr old pop in Ga. I'll visit my bro in b''ham. Were are you guys at really?

I'd like to jam with acoustics and maybe electric. I'm still learning electric tho. I played in a band The blue Notes n the late 60's & early 70's but got into bluegrass and acoustic after that.

Had an orig 1964 Firebird but it got stolen in ATL. Sad for that.

rick
cool...hell, I have an acoustic gig or 3 each month in the Athens/Huntsville area(and, btw..I would kill for an elusive lefty Firebird..only seen one in my daze....)...come jam with us-acoustic gig in North Alabam...you would feel right at home in some of the roadhouses I jam in!BTW,SORRY FOR THE HI-JACK,OP!!

No prob Lester. I'd love to do that.

I do mostly original flat pickin and Norman Blake tunes. 'Ole Joe' & 'Randall Collins' type tunes. plus originals.

Plus written many a tune with slide. Since I grew up ard Macon, I got off on Duane and can play slide on any guitar. No matter what the action. No prob dude. I use a stainless steel slide on acoustic but like a glass slide mostly.

Rock on dude!

RocketRick said:
No prob Lester. I'd love to do that.

I do mostly original flat pickin and Norman Blake tunes. 'Ole Joe' & 'Randall Collins' type tunes. plus originals.

Plus written many a tune with slide. Since I grew up ard Macon, I got off on Duane and can play slide on any guitar. No matter what the action. No prob dude. I use a stainless steel slide on acoustic but like a glass slide mostly.

Rock on dude!
HELL YEAH!..no doubt...Macon = Duane!!...I do a lot of hybrid pickin' on my ol' MArtin...too **** close to Nashvegas,y'know!!maybe you could give me some slide lessons..I am the worst slide player in the world(open tunings, I am ok...but I needs some big action on mine,and it still....sux!!)

Lester,

Well I do most slide playing in reg tuning. Hey,.. I know the scales in reg tuning right? so do you Ha!....A lot of finger pickin' in a few open tunings. Mostly reg tunings tho.

I'm getting ready to record one I wrote in ard '75. Send me your email and I'll send ya a copy.

Chow for now dude.

Oh,..I took lessons when in grammar school from Dolly's fiddle player in Macon when she was on the Porter Wagner show in Macon on ch 13. No biggie.

Later Gator.

Hey Xqz,

If that's true, send the cutest chick you know over to my place this weekend in ANC.

I'll put on some logs, ply her with wine and sing some beautiful love songs and see what come up. HA!.

rick

If you really deserve that name you ought to be able to bag your own babes! Besides at my age all the cutes chicks I know are my daughter's friends. I"ve always thought B'ham had some really beautiful women but where is ANC?

Xqz,

Ha!.....that's a nickname I got years ago ..... :)

Yeah I'm like you....I mean I get oogled by widows of WWII Vets :roll: HA.....

ANC is the airport designation for Anchorage, AK. Like ATL is for Atlanta.

Hey Xq...if you've been doing that, your smarter then me. :wink:

I started using those abbreviation as it's faster then typing out the whole city name.

I am private pilot but not current at the moment.

Man A&Es do pretty well up here in Ak. One of the busiest float plane bases in the world here at Lake Hood in ANC.

Are you a pilot as well?

Dodger & Tony,

Well the amp sounds good to me now. I'll check with boogie on those caps.

Thanks for the heads-up.

rick

Back