Who uses a minimlaist approach to effects?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Effects I own: Wah, OD, Chorus, Rotovibe, EQ, and a couple distortion pedals.

Effects I use currently: just a little OD and maybe some Wah.

This is from someone that used to have a full rack. I just got tired of all that extra crap on top of my sound. I also returned to playing heads from assorted preamps and power amps.

I forgot I posted to this one already and missed it when I read the thread. Cray-z!!! :shock:

Although I recently purshased a Rocktron Xpression unit, on my dirty channel is just my BOSS TU2 Tuner, Maxon Compressor, and BOSS noise gate.

I thought of getting a Tubescreamer but the amp's distortion is so great I do not want to "color" it. I also thought of getting a THD hotplate to drive the tubes more, but some say it also colors your tone and it doesn't go well with a DR.

So as of right now all I'm using is the Maxon Compressor really. The noise gate has been a staple of mine even before I got the DR (used a 5150 prior to the MESA). My band plays Chevelle and Godsmack type tunes.

For my clean channel I'm still trying to make my Xpression work for me (although I'm thinking of giving up!). So what I did was assign the Loop on Channel 1 only so it's easier to go from channel 1 with delay and chorus to channel 3 and just my crunch sound.

Back