Who Plays Straight Into Their Mesa?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol4t

Reaction score
Does anybody play guitar-cord-amp, no effects? If you do, what amp, guitar and music do you play?

I do. I play an old 2 ch. Dual and a 94' Rackmount Dual with EMG loaded mohogany guitars. I play a mix of old school thrash and newer stuff like Killswitch, Unearth, etc.

Yep, '91 Les Paul Studio with exposed coils, and a stock '79 LP Custom into my Dual. I play heavy stuff like Godsmack. I am seeking that perfect Wah though, and have a Teese Wizard Wah on the way which is said to be designed for my (current) style of music.

I do also. Never really got used to having pedals, units, whatsoever. Just plug and play.

Play punk/hardcore/metal/rock/rockabilly and some occasional blues or something.

While I'm a fuzz/OD junkie, I play my MarkIV 99.9% of the time with nothing in front.

guitar varries as does style.

I was for a while, until I realized my pedals didn't change the sound of the amp enough for me to hear it. So now my fuzzes are back.

I have a variety of guitars (PRS, LP, several strats) that go straight into either my Lone Star Classic or Lone Star Special.

I play blues and both of those amps give me all the tones I need; one of the reasons I bought them was so that I would not have to use a pedal (specifically an overdrive pedal).

I play Les Paul--->early DR------>Marshall jcm 900 cab (which i will replace soon with an Orance 4x12 w/ v30's) I rarely use clean, and if I need to clean it up a little bit, I just adjust the amount of gain with my volume knob.

On second thought I do this with both my Mesa amps now.. with the DR it was pedals pedals pedals but not anymore :)

I am currently playing my Gibsons directly into my Mark IV and DR. I play a little of everything from blues through metal. I prefer old school thrash mostly but I do get off playing classic and hard rock too and mellow out sometimes to some cool blues.

It's either a Gibson LP Custom through a Stiletto Deuce or a Gib V through a Mark III (and sometimes i swap them for something different :D ) 8)

I played straight into the Mesa I had, and do with my current amp! PRS Guitars > Evidence Audio Cables > Amp.

Guitar feeds amps directly through monster rock cales :D

2006 Stiletto Deuce + 2x12 Recto
2005 LSS

1988 Les Paul Standard
2003 Fender Custom Shop Classic Player Strat

I like delay in the loop and always have my tuner handy but nothing out front is often how I roll.

Carvin CT - Mesa Ace Head - my VHT Cab or whatever the club insists I use...

-P

I play only the guitar with the amp. Every so often I will put a peddle up front just for a different sound but as soon as I do I unhook it because I realize the Mesa alone sounds better. Its a vicious cycle of mine. A few days later and I will do it again.

I do when the mood strikes, but recently, I got rid of my Morley BH-2 wah (which I hated...horrible tones) and got a 535Q. I also just built a Ross compressor clone, and that thing is so increadible it just stays on all the time. Also, Danelectro Daddy-O Echo is always on in the effects loop, soon to be replaced with a Boss DD-3.

Latest posts

Back