Who owns the latest TriAxis?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanman

Reaction score
I was wondering how latest version of the TriAxis sounds compared to the earlier versions? How about the LD 1 Red? Is it a definite improvement over the version 2? Are the LD 2 modes the same?

I do.

Just FYI, I asked Mesa about the versions, and believe it or not, the new TriAxis is still "Version 2.0", which actually refers to just the software, not the hardware. The board for LD1 Red has been replaced with a newer one.

As far as how the new one sounds compared to the old... it's hard to tell. I had the old one for a short while and I didn't like LD1 Red, and I've had the new one for a while and I still don't like LD1 Red. What can I say, I guess I don't like Mesa pre-tone-control gain circuits. I suspect it would actually sound pretty killer when cranked (not possible in an apartment). I also suspect that it's just my playing style/preference.

I do love the LD2's, though, every one of them. Did I say love? I mean LOVE.

I sent my Triaxis in for maintenance recently and asked for them to update to whatever the latest upgrade was.

I was told by the Mesa rep that the "new" version is basically the same as the old one without the Recto channel as the parts are no longer available for the Recto channel.

I mentioned that I heard rumours of them adding a Lonestar channel, and he told me that there was 'talk' of something like that in the future...but, as of now they haven't even begun to start working on anything like that.

Latest posts

Back