Who here use a boost pedal for leads on their Rectifier?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I decided to keep my 3 channel head as I realised just how great it sounded and I love the versatility of it, over a 2 channel.

Anyway with that said, I have been playing it alot loudly the last 2 days, and I LOVE it.

Who here use a boost pedal for leads with their Recto? I was using a Maxon OD808 in the past, but I took it out of line today and didn't actually miss it that much...

Mr Random Hero said:
So I decided to keep my 3 channel head as I realised just how great it sounded and I love the versatility of it, over a 2 channel.

Anyway with that said, I have been playing it alot loudly the last 2 days, and I LOVE it.

Who here use a boost pedal for leads with their Recto? I was using a Maxon OD808 in the past, but I took it out of line today and didn't actually miss it that much...

Not really a boost, but I use a SparkleDrive with my DR. With the drive level all the way down and the tone and mix at about 9:00 o clock it acts more like a mid boost or something. Just gives it a nice edge.

I used to use a TS9 all the time with my DR for an over the top sound but I switched to the Fulltone OCD for that purpose, works great as a boost

Excuse my ignorance but why not use the solo option? That will give you the volume boost you need. Unless you are looking for a grittier lead tone?

I use my TS-10 not really as a boost, but more as an additional tone to whats already there. I'll use it on the clean channel for some bluesy or slightly overdriven tones (or even country tones) and I'll use it on the distortion channels as a gain boost to give it more versitility.

I do use a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster with my Telecaster..... sometimes, not all the time. I use it more to keep my volume the same when switching guitars from a HB to a SC pickup guitar.

the reason I ask is because Petrucci gets a huge lead tone with whatever Rectifier he uses, yet he apparently doesn't use a boost?

Uh there's much more to Petruccis sound than just his road king ( or maybe four of them :) ) I use full tone full drive with my DR (2ch) but it think that out there may be something better for DR. in my opinion :)

jazz5 said:
Uh there's much more to Petruccis sound than just his road king ( or maybe four of them :) ) I use full tone full drive with my DR (2ch) but it think that out there may be something better for DR. in my opinion :)

I agree, but he just used his guitar, wah, dd6 and 2 Road Kings for G3, and his tone is fantastic.

Must just be in the fingers.

YG_2006_MAR_5.jpg

MJ

Latest posts

Back