Who here has ever ordered a Mesa?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have. It totally depends on where they are in their production cycle when you place your order. They produce runs of certain models so they will make a run of Roadkings then a run of Mark IV's and so on. If you place the order right before that model's cycle is starting, it could be a few weeks. If not a few months. I had to wait about 3 months for my Mark IV. The wait sucked, but I wouldn't change the way I went about it. I'm totally satisfied. When the order is placed, Mesa can give a pretty good indication of how long it's going to be since their runs are fairly well planned. This info is for stock orders. Custom orders are a whole different deal.

I'm almost on 3 months with my Mark IV....

When I order my recto a year and a half ago, it only good about 1.5 or two months.

10 weeks for my roadster.... good thing was it came exactly 10 weeks from the time i placed the order so they werent pulling my chain..... and what i mean by that is from my experience with PRS (it could have been Sam Ash's fault also).... i ordered a "customized" CE 24... and by customized i mean a different color than they had in the store, gold hardware because i thought it would look better, and instead of the trem bridge i want a stop tail or hard tail which the PRS rep said would be no problem... they told me 6 weeks for them to get it to me which i thought was completely reasonable if not quick..... well 6 weeks went by and nothing... not even a call... went to sam ash they got the rep on the phone and he said they were a little backed up with a new SE model (BTW it was the one for the guy in Good Charolette, that was a slap in the face) about to hit the market so i was a little bummed but ok 6 weeks would have been quick... they told me another 3-4 weeks.... 4 weeks goes by and i get a call from the prs rep and said they were still backed up because of a bad shipment of wood (???) .... i'm a pretty patient guy and i wasnt in any particular rush...... after 6 months i went to sam ash and wanted answers.... they called the prs rep and he apologized and said they had no timeline..... so i told him to forget about it and ended up getting a fernandes ravelle which is a good guitar but no PRS....... anyway point of the story is mesa is pretty good about getting their products out on time

I ordered a Mark I4V short head in March. Mesa gave July 9th as the ship date. July 9th has come and gone, and now Mesa said they were wrong with the ship date and it's going to take them yet another 4-6 weeks.

If it doesn't show up then, I'm calling it quits on this deal.

I'm not sure if you mean a stock finish or custom. Anyways I have a stock Mark IV. The retailer quoted me 4 weeks when I ordered, but I lucked out and got it in about 2 weeks.

jdurso said:
10 weeks for my roadster.... good thing was it came exactly 10 weeks from the time i placed the order so they werent pulling my chain..... and what i mean by that is from my experience with PRS (it could have been Sam Ash's fault also).... i ordered a "customized" CE 24... and by customized i mean a different color than they had in the store, gold hardware because i thought it would look better, and instead of the trem bridge i want a stop tail or hard tail which the PRS rep said would be no problem... they told me 6 weeks for them to get it to me which i thought was completely reasonable if not quick..... well 6 weeks went by and nothing... not even a call... went to sam ash they got the rep on the phone and he said they were a little backed up with a new SE model (BTW it was the one for the guy in Good Charolette, that was a slap in the face) about to hit the market so i was a little bummed but ok 6 weeks would have been quick... they told me another 3-4 weeks.... 4 weeks goes by and i get a call from the prs rep and said they were still backed up because of a bad shipment of wood (???) .... i'm a pretty patient guy and i wasnt in any particular rush...... after 6 months i went to sam ash and wanted answers.... they called the prs rep and he apologized and said they had no timeline..... so i told him to forget about it and ended up getting a fernandes ravelle which is a good guitar but no PRS....... anyway point of the story is mesa is pretty good about getting their products out on time

Your local rep knows the time line on your order . My LS head is on its way and I'm supposed to get it this Tuesday . I ordered it on May 15 . As for PRS , Ive had a Custom 22 Arstist package with a quilt top on order since February 2006 . The hold up is the quilt top . They dont even offer that anymore on Artist packages . I'll never special order another PRS .

I was going to order a Road King a few months ago from a liscensed dealer in Daytona Beach FL. He said it could take months to get it. :evil:
I was not siked.

I got my RKII in 3 months. It's a custom job too. I currently have a Mark IV on order but he didn't give me a time on it.

As for PRS, I've had an Artist Custom 22 on order 16 months now. Supposedly, they are building it as we speak. I'm another one who will never order another PRS again. If I were to get one, it would be off the wall at a dealer or off the internet.

I've got a Mark IV on order, and I'm in week 9.
Should be here sooner or later.

Machine Gun said:
I got my RKII in 3 months. It's a custom job too. I currently have a Mark IV on order but he didn't give me a time on it.

As for PRS, I've had an Artist Custom 22 on order 16 months now. Supposedly, they are building it as we speak. I'm another one who will never order another PRS again. If I were to get one, it would be off the wall at a dealer or off the internet.

What sort of top did you order on your PRS AP ? I ordered an artist grade quilt top . Thats what the big delay is on mine . The rep gave me an ETA of November 15, 2007 . It will probably be moved again though . I learned my lesson on ordering from them, it will be off the wall next time if there is a next time .

I ordered the flame top Barry. They did tell me several months back that they were having trouble obtaining artist grade wood. I should have it in a month or so.

Machine Gun said:
I ordered the flame top Barry. They did tell me several months back that they were having trouble obtaining artist grade wood. I should have it in a month or so.

In afraid i'll have a longer wait than you , Quilt is even more scarce . When did you actually order yours ? My was ordered the last week of February 2006 .

Latest posts

Back