Who can give me a step by step to removing a Mark IV from...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herbie the Rad Dorklift

Reaction score
the combo shell?

Preferably with as many pics as possible! I'm in the process of getting a headshell made for my Mark IV, and I'd be needing to take the actual amp out sooner or later.

Thanks!

Go:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33922
Sorry, no pix. Oh, and remove the tubes first. Remember where they go.

Step 1: drop it from about 6 feet up to "crack it open" like an egg

Just a bit of advice. Once it's out of the combo try not to touch anything inside the chassis. Especially the filter caps. There are still some potentially lethal voltages linger in there.

Scott

Um, I've taken the chassis out a number of times.

Unplug the fan (far left, when looking from behind), unplug the speaker, and unplug the reverb. For reference when your reconnect, the cable with the two metal things sticking to the sides goes closer to the rear of the amp when you replug.

Unscrew the four screws on top of the cab. Reach under the chassis and grab the two bigger transformers. Lift the chassis up a bit, and pull back. There are these two springs on both sides of the top of the cab, and they can be a pain to deal with. I removed them, actually. But just jiggle the amp a bit if you have to.

It will be simpler if you remove the tubes first, but it's not absolutely necessary. Better to be safe than sorry, though, so take them out.

phyrexia said:
ketiov said:
There are these two springs on both sides of the top of the cab, and they can be a pain to deal with. I removed them, actually.

These help to ground the amp.
Whoops. Well, they were pretty messed up when I first got the amp anyway, as one of them was in the correct position, but the other was actually twisted and bent backwards... I'd think I did that if it hadn't been twisted.

Back