Which Wah do you guys use????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the Clyde Deluxe. Love it. See nifty photo below!

LatestPB.jpg

RB

MrMarkIII said:
Anyone try the new Ernie Ball Wah yet?
I think it does a lot of good things and the sound is hard to beat. The only thing I've done to not make it sound good is throw an insane amount of gain at it, more than one might find useful.

Update!

I already posted on page one of this thread I have a DCR-1SR
6L6C said:
This is my favorite! Had it for over 10 years now and have tried others and still own others like a Budda and a Bad Horsie II, but it always comes back to this one.

However I am jealous of Nathan28! He has the updated version with the adjustable “Q”.
PA120861-1.jpg

Much as I hate to admit this yesterday I picked up a Dunlop 535Q for a smaller rig I have took it home did a little side by side test (both wah's on my main rig). Putting aside the boost feature and the "Q" that the 535 has but the DCR-1SR does not. With common settings they really did for the most part sound the same but when doing the side by side the 535 does sound a little sweeter especially in the low to mid end of the pedal in the top end of the pedal they sound almost identical. Must be the Fasel inductor when I have the time going crack open the DCR-1SR and see if I can replace the inductor with the Fasel. If not my have to upgrade to the DCR-2SR which does have the Fasel & boost & "Q".

So right now putting aside boost and "Q" features I perfer the sound of my $119 wah over my $600 wah.

I'm beating this thread to death but have just put a Fasel inductor in my Dunlop DCR-1SR rack wah. I wont say night and day difference but if you own a DCR-1SR I think its worth the $20 for the inductor and maybe 1 hour of your time to install it. In a post or two above I stated that my $119 535Q sounds better than my $600 rack wah well that's no longer the case. :)

Got myself a Morley Mark 1 recently. 8)
Since it's my first Wah, can't say much about it, but I like the boost feature and switchless design :)

B.T.W what the difference between Mark 1 power wah, Mark 1 wah and Mark 1 Patriot wah? Exept the patriot has some cool painting on it?

I have a question for anyone here using a Dimebag wah. Does it get you that cougar like wah sound when you use it? I'm talking about the sound Dime gets towards the end of the "This Love" solo. You can also hear it in the solo for "The Sleep."

Also, does anyone know how to get that kind of sound by modding a Crybaby? I have two that I've taken apart, true bypassed, swapped some resistors etc, but I don't know what to do to get that kind of sound.

Cheers.

I've got the 535q wah, a boss auto wah, and a crybaby q-zone....the only one i use is the q-zone for the cocked wah sound with a boost, its my main lead tone. i like the 535q but have never been that good with the foot/hand co-ordination thing....maybe i should practice more lol!

I use a fulltone clyde standard, and for a backup I use the Vox 848 Clyde Reissue.

I love em both! They sound very similar side by side.

Right now i have a morley mark tremonti power wah on my board. Its kinda a hybrid of vintage and modern wah tones with a 25db boost on it. I think i'm going to switch to a "vintage" sounding wah like a crybaby or even the custom shop rack crybaby wah if i can shell out the money.

I researched it a lot and ended up getting a Zakk Wylde Wah. It's very well reviewed and has a decent price. I like the nice growl I get out of it. You can get some great deals on ebay.

I have owned the Bad Horsie II and several Dunlop wah pedals over the years. I do not have a wah currently, but I would stay away from the Dunlop products if I were looking to purchase a new wah. The switches are very prone to malfunction and you never know when one may go out. I had two brand new Hendrix wahs die on me in less than a week. I also had switch problems with a 535Q. I like the tones the Dunlop wahs offer, but the switch issues are too much for me. If I were buying a new wah it would be the Fulltone Clyde or Clyde Deluxe. Say what you want about Mike Fuller, but his stuff is bulletproof and his products have never let me down.

Morley tremonti is fabulous for lead and rhythem until I heard a RMC picture wah now i want tone of them.

Ive got the dcr-2sr sounds like anything you want from wahs out there but i also got in my opinion great slash wah which compared to its opponents sounds very sweet thanks to fasel and i also got cry baby 535Q which is owned by two other mentioned just because it does not have fasel.

can i put fasel in my 535Q?

Latest posts

Back