Which Wah do you guys use????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monsta-Tone said:
Anybody mod their Morley pedals????? :lol:
Yes :) I have an ancient morley "power wah"... I drilled a hole in the pedal and put a momentary spdt switch for the insta on/off deal. did that many years back, right before the bad horsie stuff came out. I haven't been using for quite a while tho, it hums really bad... either the cable to the switch needs shielding or the caps are too old...

currently using a tremonti; it gets the job done, but I really miss the tone of the power wah... :(

if I do, I'll let ya know, but I doubt I'll ever part w/ it. too many good memories! Are they normally noisy even when bypassed?

Cool thing about the new Clydes is their inductor. It's got a metal cover on it. With the old inductor - squealed and super microphonic on any moderate gain setting.

New one - I can run my Mk. III full-bore with NO squeal from the Clyde. It's so sweet ;)

Just got a fulltone clyde deluxe and am disappointed because it is very noisy. Loud hiss when in use, especially when pedal is all the way down. I tried new battery, different amps, different cords, AC adapter, all same result.

anyone else own one of these? Is mine just a bad one?
all the other wah's I've owned have been very quiet and I spent a lot of money to get this wah

mdog said:
Just got a fulltone clyde deluxe and am disappointed because it is very noisy. Loud hiss when in use, especially when pedal is all the way down. I tried new battery, different amps, different cords, AC adapter, all same result.

anyone else own one of these? Is mine just a bad one?
all the other wah's I've owned have been very quiet and I spent a lot of money to get this wah

My Clyde (un-deluxe) is pretty dead quiet even with über high gain. I'd call Fulltone!

I use a Bad Horsie II, pretty good sounds I'd say. like my old Power Wah better. I still have it and use it occasionally. A bit noisy as you all have said, but my God....what a sound. I've had to rework it a few times to make the shutter work right and it always makes me grin when I get it plugged in. :D Just can't quite part w/ it though...memories and all :mrgreen:

I think my trusty old Crybaby is about to kick the bucket after 10+ years of faithful service. Lately it's been cutting in and out when it's engaged and in use and i'm not really sure how to go about fixing it, and whether it's even worth it when i could be in the market for a new toy instead 8) .

Anyways, i've always been happy with the sound of it and may consider getting another, but i'm open to other recommendations. There seem to be a few different crybaby's out there now, what are the differences? Anything else that may be of interest???

I just have a few considerations:
-sounds good at high gain
-minimal tone colouring when not in use
-wallet friendly (<$100 preferably)

I just use a plain jane Dunlop Crybaby with the fasel inductor. I dont use much wah so it does what I need it to and does it quite well.

Never thought I would like a switchless wah, or a Morley wah, but I'm hooked on the Bad Horsie II. If not for the Contour, I'd like it a lot less, though.
Of all the Dunlops, I liked the original JH-1 Jimi Wah the best. I found that I ended up adjusting my 535Q to sound just like it, anyway.
Went through three Dunlop 535Q (18v and 9v models) but they are just too noisy. The swishing, the popping! Feh!

Ease of use and silence is the main reason I still have the Bad Horsie II.

The Contour sounds great too. I had the original Bad Horsie and it was killer for punchy leads, but it was way too much for Whacka-Whacka sounds.

Went through a Vox and a couple different Crybabies. The tone suck was horrendous. Now have a Budda Budwah and love it. A little more subtle/less shrill than the mainstream ones, and it's (mostly) true bypass. Highly recommended.

+1 on the Budwah.

Whatever you get, make sure it is true bypass, as all wahs are hungry for treble frequencies, and once they gobble them there is no getting them back.

I've been using the Crybaby From Hell for a couple years now, and while I may lose my settings on it sometimes, I can get it sounding pretty good. It doesn't have all the umph unless the little red button is pushed in and activated, and can feed back quite a bit, but when it's set right, it's nuts for some hi-gain leads! I want to try the new EVH wah...

I have used a GT-8 in the loop for my wah. It was actually pretty good. But now I use a Budwah and like it a lot. I think I might have opted for the fulltone or something that has some variation to it.

Latest posts

Back