WHICH TUBES FOR IIC+ ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay

Reaction score
I NEED TO RE-TUBE MY MARK IIC+ COMBO. IT IS A 60/100W MODEL WITH EQ,EV,NO REVERB. I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTIN 4-WINGED C 6L6'S AND THE RE-ISSUE TUNG SOL 12AX7'S. HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS COMBINATION? WHICH TUBES HAVE YOU TRIED WITH GOOD RESULTS AND TONE? I PLAY MOSTLY HARD ROCK-HIGH GAIN STUFF. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.
JAY

I just put some Mullard 12ax7s in my IIC+ and they sound great! I had some mesa tubes in prior and they sounded a bit harsh. The Mullards really smoothed the lead channel out.

I haven't tried the Winged C's but the Tung Sol 12AX7's are working great in my MK III's. Nice and fat sounding.

I have the Tung Sol reissues in a Studio Pre with good results. Much smoother than the Mesa tubes I have had in the past. I also have some NOS Tesla (not the JJs) in my Mark IV which are also very nice. The Teslas are a bit more pricey then the Tung Sols though. Hope this is helpful.

Gary

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES. I'M THINK I'M GOING WITH THE WINGED C'S AND TUNG SOLS. WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW THEY SOUND. SHOULD GET THEM NEXT WEEK.
THANKS-JAY

Latest posts

Back