Which sucks tone more, effects in front or fx loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shnapper said:
All I have and I really can't think of any other effects I'll need are all run through the loop.

The salesman in G.C. tried to sell me a BBE sonic maximizer to finish off my loop, but I passed. This is the reason I went with the 4 channel amp, if I can't find my tone with 4 channels(technically 8 W bold/spongy) then I'm gonna quit playing LOL

shnapper

Good call! You just got a top of the line amp why would you want to add a BBE sonic maximizer. And that’s no offence against the BBE sonic maximizer, they are a good “bang for the buck”
You might want to try that wah in front of the amp and leave your other stuff in the loop.
Just a though!

6L6C said:
shnapper said:
All I have and I really can't think of any other effects I'll need are all run through the loop.

The salesman in G.C. tried to sell me a BBE sonic maximizer to finish off my loop, but I passed. This is the reason I went with the 4 channel amp, if I can't find my tone with 4 channels(technically 8 W bold/spongy) then I'm gonna quit playing LOL

shnapper

Good call! You just got a top of the line amp why would you want to add a BBE sonic maximizer. And that’s no offence against the BBE sonic maximizer, they are a good “bang for the buck”
You might want to try that wah in front of the amp and leave your other stuff in the loop.
Just a though!

Which one? I have two WHA's right next to each other, the weeping demon and WHA from hell. Both are equally adjustable so I tuned them differently. Shold I remove one completely or run one in front and the other in the loop with the MM? Whacha Think?

shnapper said:
6L6C said:
shnapper said:

shnapper

Just a though!

Which one? I have two WHA's right next to each other, the weeping demon and WHA from hell. Both are equally adjustable so I tuned them differently. Shold I remove one completely or run one in front and the other in the loop with the MM? Whacha Think?

You might want to try both wah’s in front and that’s just a suggestion. This is the way I set up effects:
Any time based effects I put in the loop (delays, reverb)
Chorus and flanger’s although they are time based (very short) they are also modulation based and can sound good in either position (but always before delay or reverb)
Any type of modulation effect or envelope (wah pitch bender) goes up front.
Noise reduction right after guitar.
I have pretty much used it all, stomp and rack but this is the current setup
GUITAR>NS1(NOISE REDUCTION)>DUNLOP RACK MOUNT WAH>MARK IV input>preamp out INTELIlFLEX >power amp in
I plan on getting a G-Major to replace the Intelliflex.
All channel switching on the Mark IV is done with a Rocktron Octopus
The board that controls the system is a is a Rocktron All-Access.

This is how I pretty much approach things (my though process) but setting up gear is an art form to some degree. I have seen gear set up in ways that I really don’t care for but I can’t dispute the end result. Bottom line there is no right or wrong (well to some degree)

John

Latest posts

Back