Which of these guitar will best fit the Mark V Poll

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Guitar

• Gibson Explorer

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Gibson SG Standard

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Fender Deluxe Strat

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • EVH Special

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

MesaManBoogie

Reaction score
I have played the gibsons and the Fender at Guitar Center, all feel good and played good to me, I have not played the EVH but looks good and sounds good on couple vids I watched, which one will be the best choice for the Mark V, need your opinion.

id_517265_400x253.jpg

EVHWolfgangSpecialmadeinjapansummer2010namm.jpg

d_7094.jpg

509_image_zoom_Gibson-Explorer.jpg

I just get to pick one and these are my only choices. I don't own any of these guitars as are listed, so I will pass on voting.

Any of them will work just fine. Given a choice from that list, I would lean toward the SSH Strat, as it is the most flexible guitar of the group.

I voted for the EVH, but now that I've seen the pictures, I realize you're talking about a HSS Strat. I vote for that one hands down! The MkV clean would sound killer with the single coils, and then you could switch over to the humbucker when desired. You can't go wrong with that guitar.

I voted for the Strat, if it's versatility you're after. Had a HSS strat a while ago and like the others said, it has a lot to offer.

screamingdaisy said:
Whichever one suits your needs the best...

That is completely true, so I'm gonna say that:
*If you wanna (mostly) rock, get the SG. I have a SG '61 Reissue and it's got rock n' roll written all over it, it was born to rock, can also stray into other styles with confidence.
*I tried a couple of Gibson Explorers that were really cheaply made (weird looking finish, bad PUs...) so I wouldn't go for those. I do like the Gibson shape more, but I think an ESP explorer is the better choice for an explorer type guitar (plus, it has EMGs, which are great if you play metal and fine for anything else aswell).
*Don't know anything about the EVH, so I can't comment on that

Hope you choose the right one for you! :wink:

I voted for the HSS strat because of its versatility of great tones.

Concerning the V......I prefer single coil sounds for the most part for the great clean and slightly distorted sounds I can achieve in all modes of Ch1. For Ch2 & 3.....I like the flexibility of switching between single coils and humbuckers or a combination of the two. I utilize all pickup settings in my HSS type guitar with my V (depending on the song) for an unbelievable amount of tonal variety. I don't feel this same tonal variety is available for the other guitars listed.

HSS Strat all day long! Although I sold it in favor of my Suhr S3, there is so much versatility from the Strat that the others just don't have. I loved the single coils on Ch2 Mark 1, awesome!

Back