Which "Marshall" pedal works best with the mark V?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swapped my BEOD for a JHS @ Andy Simmons pedal. It's based off of the Angry Charley pedal. I like mine more than the Friedman in front of my MarkV35.

Update:

Got a BE-OD yesterday :twisted:

Absolutely awesome pedal. Running into the clean channel it is exactly what I wanted. I took the internal gain control down to about 9:00 and WOW! With the pedal gain control on 0 it's AC/DC territory, about half on the gain gets it into hot rod 80's stuff. It fills the gap between clean and recto perfectly. Only thing about it is that it is very noisy. There is a ton of hum when it's on, I guess that's normal? Noise gate would probably take care of that thought.

i just got a BE OD today through the clean channel is is a beast by far the best distortion/overdrive pedal i have used. defiantly brings the Marshall sound to the boogie. I get no hum as others have said.

I've recently discovered and love the Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret for this. Into the clean channel set to "Fat"

seanseanhd said:
i just got a BE OD today through the clean channel is is a beast by far the best distortion/overdrive pedal i have used. defiantly brings the Marshall sound to the boogie. I get no hum as others have said.

+1 I have owned practically every dirt box known to mankind to try and get CH2 on my Mark V to sound like the BE-OD in CH1 Clean

The BE- OD works great in CH1 clean - best of both worlds with this Marshall tone in the box as well as all of the tones of the Mark V

Enjoy !

Back