Which Les Paul?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
volatileNoise said:
GuitarGuy503 said:
Koprofag said:
What Les Pauls are unchambered/none weight-relieved today? Any Gibson USA models at all?

Your question is rather confusing to me. if I'm understanding you correctly you want to know if Gibson USA has any unchambered and NON weight relieved models (aka completely solidbody LPs)? If so, the answer is no. The Gibson Custom Shop Historics are the only true solidbody LPs unless otherwise noted (CR=Chambered Reissue).

Nah, I am pretty sure the "traditional" is a full solid body....

You are incorrect. Copied and pasted from Gibsons site... The Les Paul Traditional starts with a Grade-A mahogany body and adds nine strategically placed traditional weight-relief holes for a beefy tone that maintains the resonance of modern Les Pauls, while losing a large portion of the weight. See for yourself.... http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Traditional.aspx

If you go through all the Gibson USA product descriptions you will see either chambered or weight relieved. Again the Custom Shop LPs are the only true solidbody LPs from Gibson.

Back