Which is the beat gear to get the best out of a markIV amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I match my Mark IV with a georgeL cable - a good guitar - and a line6 echo park in the loop. Sometimes I plug a Teese Picture wah in between the guitar and amp.

I have used a DOD YJM 308 with R2 to get a good Yngwie type tone.

The beauty of the Mark IV is that you don't need a bunch of other stuff to get a great tone.

Platypus said:
mxr2000 said:
eltrain858 said:
+1 on analog delay. my bass player had a beat up boss dm-2 sitting around that he bought new way back in the day, and he just offered it to me because it was "a crappy old boss pedal". that thing is really smooth compared to my dd-20, if only it had more than 330ms!!

i bought a sweet sound mojo vibe for high-rate univibe psychedelic sounding lead parts and rich thick slow clean chorus effects. what blew me away was when i accidentally kicked it in during a heavy chunk palm-muted riff. it dug way down deep in the bottom end and made this awesome evil tone. sounds wimpy and worthless out in front but killer in the loop. i highly recommend it if you can bear the price tag.
I own a mojo vibe thanks for the tip sound like a good Idea... hey how about a fuzz pedal on the markIV ever tried one?

R2 takes fuzzes really well, I have 3 of them :D
interesting I have a germaniun and a silicon fuzz pedal....

mxr2000 said:
Platypus said:
mxr2000 said:
I own a mojo vibe thanks for the tip sound like a good Idea... hey how about a fuzz pedal on the markIV ever tried one?

R2 takes fuzzes really well, I have 3 of them :D
interesting I have a germaniun and a silicon fuzz pedal....

I have two germaniums and a silicon one, they're great with the Mark.

Back