Which is the beat gear to get the best out of a markIV amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxr2000

Reaction score
Hello Folks:

which you think is the best gear that can be used, to get the best of my knew Mark IV combo ex(racks fx,pedals fx, ect,ect.)... In other words!!! ¿what work best for you with this amp?

thanks in advance for any help..... :D

Come on guys are you shy to write some tips!!!! I won't bite.. :lol: well maybe if you are a good looking lady... :lol:

My two cents:

The MarkIV is the kind of amplifier that you leave all your stomp boxes at home when you go play it. Cable into amp.

That being said, I LOVE my analog delay in the loop because I'm a sucker for it. Furthermore, I love gain textures and the Mark takes fuzzes really well so I stick them on R2(takes pedals well in my opinion) every now and then. Other than that, I have no need for overdrives anymore.

Get yourself a nice sustainful dual humbucker guitar and just let the Mark, and more importantly your fingers, do everything else. Forget the rack and the board full of pedals to dilute your tone.

Thanks for the advice.. I'm just trying to build up and learn some good tones using this amp...anybody knows about best time effect that wont mess much with the sound of the amp?

http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settings/mesa-boogie/view-mark4-settings.html

Have you seen this? ^

That could help get you started... to be honest the Mark IV manual is all you really need to start getting creative. Read every page of it and understand how the controls work. Dialing in this amp is actually not as daunting as all the buttons make it look.

Yes i did my friend!!!! Cool tones!!!! I'm just tone hungry.... :lol:

I can tell you what I use to get the most out of my MKIV. A Les Paul, a crybaby, and a dano fab chorus in the loop. That's my main rig. I do everything from Elvis to Ozzy with the band I'm in.

Experiment for yourself, you may come to the same conclusions a lot of us have, the amp doesn't need any accessorizing to sound great.

Scott

+1 on analog delay. my bass player had a beat up boss dm-2 sitting around that he bought new way back in the day, and he just offered it to me because it was "a crappy old boss pedal". that thing is really smooth compared to my dd-20, if only it had more than 330ms!!

i bought a sweet sound mojo vibe for high-rate univibe psychedelic sounding lead parts and rich thick slow clean chorus effects. what blew me away was when i accidentally kicked it in during a heavy chunk palm-muted riff. it dug way down deep in the bottom end and made this awesome evil tone. sounds wimpy and worthless out in front but killer in the loop. i highly recommend it if you can bear the price tag.

I've heard some people say active pickups really accentuate the Mark series amps. It might just be high-output pickups.

I think the best way to get the best out of a Mark IV is to play your guitar like you mean it.

phyrexia said:
I've heard some people say active pickups really accentuate the Mark series amps. It might just be high-output pickups.

I think the best way to get the best out of a Mark IV is to play your guitar like you mean it.

+1 to playing like you mean it.. the harder you dig in, the more it dishes out. It really lets ME shine through and my style as well.

Platypus said:
+1 to playing like you mean it.. the harder you dig in, the more it dishes out. It really lets ME shine through and my style as well.

Helps you get rid of that slop too ;)

phyrexia said:
Platypus said:

Helps you get rid of that slop too ;)

Indeed, makes you a better player too :D

Yeah it certainly is important what you put in but that includes your playing as was mentioned. Because these amps are so articulate and have such a nice clean you really will appreciate having quality gear running with it.

eltrain858 said:
+1 on analog delay. my bass player had a beat up boss dm-2 sitting around that he bought new way back in the day, and he just offered it to me because it was "a crappy old boss pedal". that thing is really smooth compared to my dd-20, if only it had more than 330ms!!

i bought a sweet sound mojo vibe for high-rate univibe psychedelic sounding lead parts and rich thick slow clean chorus effects. what blew me away was when i accidentally kicked it in during a heavy chunk palm-muted riff. it dug way down deep in the bottom end and made this awesome evil tone. sounds wimpy and worthless out in front but killer in the loop. i highly recommend it if you can bear the price tag.
I own a mojo vibe thanks for the tip sound like a good Idea... hey how about a fuzz pedal on the markIV ever tried one?

mxr2000 said:
eltrain858 said:

I own a mojo vibe thanks for the tip sound like a good Idea... hey how about a fuzz pedal on the markIV ever tried one?

R2 takes fuzzes really well, I have 3 of them :D

Back