Which cabinet ... Lonestar or Rectifier 2X12?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilerty

Reaction score
I'm getting a Lonestar Classic head and have found equally good deals on either a Lonestar 2X12 open back or a Recifier 2X12 closed back(low version, not slant back). I am a mostly clean player who will only be playing at home. I will not be playing high gain or high distortion at all. The Lonestar has C90 speakers and the Recitfier has V30 speakers. Which way should I go?

I've never heard my Lone Star 2x12 combo through anything other than the stock Black Shadows and open back cab, so I don't have any first hand comparison.

I would certainly think that the huge bottom end of the Lone Star would be overdone in a closed back cab.

I don't like C90's but the open back is the way to go. If it were me I would get the recto cab then make a back panel.

I tried a recto cab with a Lonestar when I was looking for a 2x12 - sounded very compressed and 2 dimensional to me - I ended up with a THD - it's a ported back, which is definetely the way to go IMHO.

Back