Which cab is for me?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyc4

Reaction score
I just got a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster and I need a 4x12 with V30s.

My tone is mostly based on Alter Bridge and Tool, but I also wan't to be able to get a nice lead tone.

Should I get a Mesa Boogie Stiletto Tradititonal 4x12 or a Recto Standard 4x12?

i personally have the recto standard and love it. great bass response and just a great sound overall. plus, i like the size of it.

Its VERY important that you try them both out first you might not like either. I've owned the Stilletto 4x12 and sold it and got the Recto now I switched because I liked my clean sound much more through the Recto in my opinion due to the less pronounced mids. To me its fuller sounding and less compressed. Its definately bassier and not as tight as the Stilletto. I also like my Ace better through the Recto..Its really up to your ears dude I'm assuming you can't demo the two? Congrats bro on the Roadster if you can take your time with the decision , take your time. What other tones are you after besides Alter and Tool? Obviously for Alter the Recto and Tool the Stilletto-- maybe a Bogner??Good luck man and keep us posted.

Im into Pink Floyd, but I have another setup for that.

I bought the Mesa Roadster just for modern rock stuff.

Alter Bridge, Tool, Staind, Breaking Benjamin, etc...

What are you playing the Roadster through now? Right on to The Floyd! I saw B.B live and I gotta say those dudes are tight and really good at what they do I was speechless.Is a tight low end most important to your sound?

Im not playing it through anything!
Seriously. Im not playing it.

Im using a vox ad modeling combo right now. I want to order a cab this week.

Tight low end is not the most important thing to my sound.

I just want to have a big sound. Big riffs, warm huge cleans, but no out of control bass. I want to be heard in the mix. I don't want to be drowned by the bass player.

I also want a nice lead tone for solos. I have a Xotic BB preamp to tighten up the Roadster.

I'd sat go for the Recto than its definately huge! And you got the B.B. to tighten er' up.The warm clean in my opinion is a open back cab/vintage sound though.

Back