Which Boogie's are these?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlosasi

Reaction score
Ok in this You Tube clip of the Rolling Stones Live at the Ten Spot at 4:13 you get a nice shot of Ron Woods amps. There is a custom Fender a Vox and 2 boogies stacked on one of two Boogie 4x12 cabs. Anyone know which boogies these are?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU3k1WzZwMo&feature=related

I just researched a Stones Forum and found out the amps are Fender Vibroking, Vox AC30 and Boogie Mark III's

don't think so looking at the amps ? old style headshells (pre MKIII), old style logo's, silver knobs (pre MKIIC), can't see anything written above knobs 3, 4 and 8 and I bet these are the original matching early 80ies 4 x 12s. do they know about boogies at the stones forum ?

IIB Coliseum sounds logical...the Stones are known to have used Coliseum amps anyway, and given the looks of the thing I'd say it's definitely not a Mark III.

'Band' forums are a strange concept aren't they?

No they know very little about boogies but there was a page from a magazine scanned into the forum with text identifying the boogies as iii's. Now how much did this mag know about boogies? Probably the same as the stones forum. But Woody did use a mark iii Blue stripe for years. Now both keith and ronnie use custom tweed twins.

Looks like eight knobs on the front...Don't the Mark II and III have only seven on the front?

FWIW ... long heads

DSC00428.jpg

Bingo,

That's it.

The Stones Forum for those that might be interested www.iorr.org. Look for the forum links.

Both are obviously long heads.
To me, the top head is a Mark III and the bottom one is a Mark IIC or IIC+ (no label on the 4th knob counting from the left).

I thought one was a Mark III. Ronnie moved to a Mark III Combo 12" a few years after this.

Back