Which 50w all tube head + 4x12 cabs for classic rock/Metal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poj said:
want to buy 50w all tube head + 4x12 cabs to play in my bedroom.
Use it to play classic rock and metal mainly.
My budget is around $2,000.
Should have FX loop to use with my pedal board.(DE7 delay, Small Clone,MXR phase90, RMC3 wah, MI tube zone, Skreddy mayo, Silver kiss etc.)
Should have good master volume so I can play it at low volume ans still got good sound.
My guitar is Musicman Luke. (and Musicman Axis in the near future.)

What would you recommend?
Please help, Thanks.

I second the Stiletto Ace, it's a wicked classic rock amp, but the head and 4x12 will go WAY over your $2000 budget. But for bedroom playing, you probably don't need a 4x12; the combo should be plenty loud for you. I tried one out at our local Mesa dealer and had a headache afterwards.

But I'm one to talk, I use a Dual Recto and a 4x12 for my bedroom playing! :D

not to be a dingus....but since you didn't say, "what Mesa do you recommend?"
Soldano makes a couple 50 watters that just smoke. Same with the Marshall TSL 60. It has 3 channels but the 2nd and 3rd share the same eq. Its not a bad amp...its just not a recto. But again it depends on what your after. But So I don't get totally flamed, lol, I used to have a Single recto...dude it is one of the fattest, fullest sounding 50 watt amps I have EVER played. EVER!
ANd anyone that says that mesa's are not versatile...need to talk to my drug dealer...because the stuff they are smoking is crud. You can coax pretty much any style out of that little beast. AND as far as rectos go....other than the roadking, its clean channel is actually very smooth and musical sounding.
Shop around brother....but don't settle. NEVER settle. Get what you want, and don't look back.
Good luck.
Hum

P.S. If you are jamming in your room only, go with the 2x12. I'll will have plenty of bottom end and it will help keep you under budget. And it will take up less space. And if you get the vertical 2x12....you'll hear it much better when you are standing up.
Good luck.

Sry I didn't realize how difficult it would be for you to try out some amps....I understand. Youtube has videos that people put up of themselves playing various amps. Check around...and you may be able to find some clips of the stuff you are interested in....get a feel for how they may sound.
Hope we helped you in some way.
Hum

Thanks guys.It's very helpful.

Now for the cap, I think it must be Marshall 1960AV. Because I can get it locally. If I order from US, the shipping cost and import tax will be too high.

For the head, Marshall JVM is on top of my list for now. But still consider Mesa, VHT, Dr.Z and others. I still keep searching. :)

Poj said:
want to buy 50w all tube head + 4x12 cabs to play in my bedroom.
Use it to play classic rock and metal mainly.
My budget is around $2,000.
Should have FX loop to use with my pedal board.(DE7 delay, Small Clone,MXR phase90, RMC3 wah, MI tube zone, Skreddy mayo, Silver kiss etc.)
Should have good master volume so I can play it at low volume ans still got good sound.
My guitar is Musicman Luke. (and Musicman Axis in the near future.)

What would you recommend?
Please help, Thanks.

Are you sure that's enough power for the bedroom? I would just get a full stack. :lol: Peace man good luck. From the suggestions you've received I'd second the stiletto. The f50 is good value but tooooo darn LOUD.

hi there what about a cornford MK50.or MK50II,they are 50watts and are menacing,will do everything from rock,country to metal,try there website for some sound clips,really great british made amps like a marshall but the mesa/boogie of marshalls,if that makes sense,I've tried many of them and they are really great

Back