whew!... almost lost my Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

Reaction score
the last couple of months I have had a few issues with my Roadster
first time it went to the shop for 2-3 weeks finally got it back with a small list of repairs (Eurotubes GZ34/6V6 with high gain pre-amp in EL34 Bias didn't work out so well for me) but it didn't sound right to me after and the fan was noisy so I sent it back for a couple more weeks...

fed up (and tired of lugging around a near 100 lb. combo) I thought about taking another route and bought a Laney VC30 and a bunch of pedals to supplement the terrible drive channel, in hopes to replace my long lost Crate VC30 (best sounding amp Ive ever heard or owned...yeah I would buy another one in a second if I could find one that still worked properly after 10 years...)So for the Past week I've been trying to convince myself that I'll like this Laney amp, and it does have it's qualities...the sparkle toggle for the cleans is absolutely incredible and makes my RG550 sound like a telecaster through a Vox or Fender...however I hate the drive channel so much... tried a Metal Muff...no thanks, Jeckyl and Hyde...niosy as hell and no....so I'm taking everything back to the store that I come to find out only offers store credit within 7 days of purchase...and here's the main reason..

My Roadster came back today...and I'm fucking fed up with this amp.. and after asking whether they take stuff on consignment or if they outright buy their used stock they offered me $1500 Canadian...holy crap I paid over twice that much, and if they had offered $1800 I would have left it there.

So I get it home and switch it into standby mode adjust my settings how I like and go cook supper for my boys...after supper I crank it up...Holy Crap...this is waht I've been looking for, I haven't heard it sound this good since the day I first brought it home...

I love this amp (best sounding amp I've ever heard or owned!)

so now I have $1100 store credit
anbody got any ideas?

Uhhhh, Im lost at &^*&* fed with this amp and..............

Laney Vc30.........

and supper for kids.........

and best sounding amp I'eve ever had??...........

So you like the roadster again?.............

I'm with ya Matty, my upper respiratory infection that my wife BREATHED on me isn't doing me any good either.

I'd rather be buzzzzzzzzzzzed LOL!

Glad you like your Roadster again!!

:D :D :D

Latest posts

Back