Where's the party at?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Stage I and have A/B'd it with a Stage II only to find very minimal tonal differences. The only noticeable differences were with Fluid Drive, other than that all of the "Stage II is way better than Stage I" talk isn't justified.

As for the Recto's, I haven't spent enough time with varying production years to say one is easier to dial in than another.

Guitarmiester said:
I have a Stage I and have A/B'd it with a Stage II only to find very minimal tonal differences. The only noticeable differences were with Fluid Drive, other than that all of the "Stage II is way better than Stage I" talk isn't justified.

As for the Recto's, I haven't spent enough time with varying production years to say one is easier to dial in than another.

Interesting. I actually found differences in pretty much every mode, albeit not that drastic (but hey, how does one quantify tone). However, I wouldn't necessarily say one is better than the other. For me, I still preferred the stage II...

Tomorrow night. :lol: Saturday. I'm certain all the loud Mesa's will be playing at some point at the same time. (cheese)

That's it. I'm getting a new garage band together this summer. Either that, or a frigging system that can keep up with it volume wise. :arrow:

Keep this thread rolling............................

TomT

Best part of Saturday was.....Getting my '94 Fender Talon setup. This thing has been so neglected and now it plays brilliantly. Not so much for looks but always had potential to be a nice playing guitar. It is now finally sweet and I'm happy. The other two axes are going in ASAP for proper setups. :roll: Been waiting a long time to do this and it was the right move to help keep the inspiration going.

I know. Off topic. What ever. Oh well. Makes me happy.... :D

The Stiletto,.........Sounded killer too!

It's amazing how a good setup can totally transform a guitar. Last week I received the Tremol-no I ordered for one of my RG's. I haven't played that guitar in years just because I've been annoyed with the floating trem. Installing the tremol-no prompted me to give the guitar a much needed setup. The tremol-no and setup breathed new life into the guitar.

I was just about to plug into the Stiletto, until I realized my cop neighbor is home... as if he ever works anyway. Maybe I'll get some clips tomorrow.

Just got hold of a Wampler Pinnacle to go in front of my Duece. I'm thinking into the fat clean it's going to sound pretty **** fine.
:mrgreen:

I really like my Deuce II. A few years back, around when they first came out, I had one that was custom tolexed, etc straight off the floor from a local Boogie dealer after using Orange AD30s/AD140s. I needed more balls, but didn't really want to get another Dual Recto. That thing was killer! But it died on me right before a crucial tour. It cost me $300 to fix it, and I was loaned a 3-channel DR for the tour. Really bummed me out. When I came back from tour I sold the Stiletto, returned the DR and vowed never again to use a Stiletto (went to Soldano actually). A few years, many amps later, I'm back to a Deuce II and couldn't be happier. I mean, the cleans alone on this amp are pretty spectacular. I've never heard another high gain EL34 amp do the cleans this thing does.

The dirty tones are VAST. I don't think this amp's been retubed in 3 owners so it's definitely due for a new set. I'm thinking some JJs through Eurotubes with the high gain option and KT77s will certainly make a difference. I've also found a new and interested tone from messing around with the tite gain setting with my tone knob for the neck pickup of my LP turned all the way down and a CMATMODS Super Signa drive and its boost engaged. It gives this amazing 60s/70s fuzz sound... pure ecstasy and infinite sustain.

I know I've written a small novel here, but I've gone through A LOT of amps in a short period of time and I haven't found a more versatile amp. I'm not a wealthy guy and to find something like this that can handle any setting, any style is a blessing. It's kind of sad how people dismiss the Stiletto due to its bad rep of being "too bright" or harsh. I'm not playing with a band right now, but I have and the Stiletto II next to a Mark IV is such a killer combo in a 2 guitar band.

Stiletto killed tonight. Got to crank it loud. It makes me practice more and play better. Killed 2 birds with this thing. 8)

My ears hurt!

\m/

well, the old band had split for good and being a long winter for playing out (although was a f$%ïng HOT summer down here this year - some days reached 43ºC) and sure the stiletto is not a bedroom beast.

funny is that just today i was messing around with mine series I cause . . . I have a new band!! :D

was tring to get a good sound with the loop engaged, but i really cant. i dont know if it's me or not but everytime i turn that loop on the tone quality just goes out the window :?

guess i have to look at it the way she is, an old hot-rodded marshall and forget about the upgraded features and just put everything in front and control it the old fashioned way, with the volume pot on my gtr.

I love this amp. Especially when I mic it up. I played a lot of Metallica and Ozzy type Metal in the 80's, 90's and the current Millenium (Getting old... 44 this year but the step son thinks I'm a metal god :lol: ) I had Marshall 1959 Super Leads,Fenders and Peaveys among others For years I used my Laney AOR 50 and my 96 Ibanez RG550 and got a deep thumping rhythm sound. I use a MXR overdrive for leads and Dunlop Cry Baby wah .
I got this amp (Stilleto Deuce Stage 1) second hand and all stock around six or seven months ago and I have this to say about it.

First off... Expect several weeks tweeking the knobs to find your sound. Its definitly not like a Marshall or any other amp I've used. Its WAAAY more versed as far as sounds.

It is more consistant than other amps I've used. Once you dial in a tone it sounds the same every time you turn it on unlike my Marshalls or Laney which seem to change tone as they warm up or cool slightly....or the moon is full.

And It definitely has enough Overdrive but you need to push the volume or use the 50 watt setting to open it up a little.

I found a pretty good setting for Hard Rock And Metal to be

CH2 Spongy, FX loop Off, Power 50w Home/100w Practice, Master as volume, Presence 9 o'clock, Bass 3 O'clock, Mid 11:30, Treble 12:30 to 1O'clock, Gain 3 Oclock and set to Tight Gain.

Just kick in a overdrive pedal for leads and its sonic heaven :mrgreen:

OFF TOPIC.

I purchased a Fulltone OCD V 1.4, Saturday. This little box is worth every penny, very good sounding OD. :D

TTSTWO said:
OFF TOPIC.

I purchased a Fulltone OCD V 1.4, Saturday. This little box is worth every penny, very good sounding OD. :D

I use the same pedal with my Deuce Stg I and love it.

Why is this pic so small? This is my first attempt at posting a picture.....

76135_140328362686675_100001285375359_225454_7352904_a.jpg

TTSTWO said:

Well, I take it that you did upload it correctly with the right resolution setting???

KH Guitar Freak said:
TTSTWO said:

Well, I take it that you did upload it correctly with the right resolution setting???

I suppose I did? Picture was taken over a year ago with a digital camera. My wife recently posted it on her facebook account, it displays larger there. I copied it from her FB into photobucket, used that code to post here.

TTSTWO said:
KH Guitar Freak said:
TTSTWO said:

I suppose I did? Picture was taken over a year ago with a digital camera. My wife recently posted it on her facebook account, it displays larger there. I copied it from her FB into photobucket, used that code to post here.

Hmm. Maybe the copy you've got from FB is a tiny one, cause when I paste the image link in my browser, it is still small...

on photobucket do they use small images as links to larger ones? trying clicking on the photo on photobucket then if the photo opens to larger image then copy the link. If not upload the image to photobucket directly from your computer.

Back