Where to order Mesa out of state

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E_R

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows of a reputable dealer that will mail order / ship. Mostly an Express 5:50 head. I'm in Montana, USA (middle of nowhere) so no out of country dealers. Yes, there is a dealer, I use the term loosely, let's say they are known for charging over Boogie's listed prices for everything. And they are stupid as hell. I wish I could say it nicer but the truth hurts.
Feel free to reply on thread or PM. Thanks in advance.

E_R said:
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows of a reputable dealer that will mail order / ship. Mostly an Express 5:50 head. I'm in Montana, USA (middle of nowhere) so no out of country dealers. Yes, there is a dealer, I use the term loosely, let's say they are known for charging over Boogie's listed prices for everything. And they are stupid as hell. I wish I could say it nicer but the truth hurts.

Email Mesa, get them to send you a price list for the amp you want. Then go to that store and call BS on their prices. When it comes down to making a sell or not, they'll come down to what they should.

That's what people around here do. I'm just not going to give them any of my money.
Anyone know of anyplace that can ship Mesa's?

I know where you're coming from. I have a local dealer who's shop I won't step foot in. The next closest is an hour away. However when I wanted my Roadster I ended up getting it shipped to me from a dealer in Virginia. I live in South Carolina. I asked the same question you did and a fellow member recomended them. It worked out great. The extra $80 for shipping on a $2000 amp that I absolutely love wasn't even an issue for me.

E_R said:

The Express head is $1149.00 . My local dealer would be glad to ship one to you . They just got the Express 5:25 and are waiting for the 5:50 to arrive . You can reach them at 803- 732- 6900

They send a price list with color pics when you buy an amp, not that that helps you. I think my dealer overcharged a little on non-stock changes but they did lend me the exact same amp for a few months. Maybe get a quote directly from Mesa if you change anything.

All I need to do now if make my mind up about the long or medium head.... since it's just a cosmetic difference (far as I know) I'll just have to maul it over.

you can try Matt's music http://www.mattsmusic.com/ he doesnt have mesa listed on his site, but look at the pictures of amps and you will see mesa's everywhere. He is a good guy and very good to deal with.

Thanks Siggy14, I shot them an email.
Thanks for the link Marc99, I did check for other Montana dealers, missoulla is about 200 miles from me...actually everything is about 200 miles from eachother in Montana LOL. Guess I'm just spoiled, I used to live in San Pedro calif. which is only about 30 miles from Boogie Hollywood, which is where I have bought all my past boogies (all two of them LOL). I just need a place that will take my money , order me one and either have it dropped shipped to my door or forward it to me when they get it. I have a few couple good leads so far (thanks barry,siggy for the info). I would like more, I may just break down and get a vert 2x12 to go with it.

Max...Jay told me about the 5:25 they had in stock, guess you snagged it! Congrats...I'm custom ordering a head from them. Jay was an absolute pleasure to deal with on the phone and immediately called me back with a quote because I wanted custom vinyl on it. I used to buy all my boogies from GC in boston but no more. F them (another story, but they tried to F me over after buying $5000+ gear from them). Anyways what are your initial impressioins? Please let us know!

Looks like a road trip to hollywood is in my near future.
For S&G I went to my local MB dealer today and asked about order time on a 5:50 head with a gold grille, they tried to talk me into a 2006 LS combo. Yeah that's real close to a Express "Head". They said I would be better off tone wise (I wonder when they learned to read minds and know what the heck type of tones I'm going for).
I said "no thanks" then they said what I "really should" buy was one of the new JS Peavey combos.....now get this ..not because of the "killer tone" or "bitchin' speaker" or something like that, but because they could cut me a killer deal un-like the boogies.
When I said "no thank you" again they suggested a Fender Cyber twin.
So, yeah....another road trip to Southern Calif. definitely is in my near future.

Back