where to find a mesa cab for best price

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneamongthefence

Reaction score
I want to find the best deal for a mesa rec 4x12 slant cab. All the auctions and listings on the internet are pickup only. Where did you all get yours. I would like to avoid GC to avoid being overpriced. Any suggestions?

i am not sure about nowadays, but when I bought my mesa, i was told that they cant discount the price. The price is set at the factory and stores cannot discount them. I bought my triple and cab at GC and instead of discounting the price (because they couldnt) they through in about 200 dollars worth of random stuff I looked at and wanted.

It was quite funny, I actually just walked around and said "whoa this looks cool" guy says "kay take it."

:lol:

The only time a mesa dealer can discount is when the item is discontinued. if they are caught discounting any other time they lose there mesa dealer status.

With that being said the only way you will really get a new mesa cab at discounted price is by a mesa dealer that lost its ability to be a mesa dealer and they are getting rid of there mesa stock.

I highly recommend craigslist.org if you live anywhere close to a big city. You may have to drive a bit, but you can get great deals (I got my mint Mark IVb combo for $1100 and a 2x12 rectifier cab for $375). Just be patient and keep making offers, eventually you will get a good deal!

If you don't live close to a big city, you'll probably need to use ebay, on which the good deals usually get poached quickly.

Rock on.
-Chris

cool thanks guys. I knew that mesa dealers couldn't budge on price. i was interested in where the best places were to buy them used. i'm constantly on craigslist and reading different local classifieds. so i'll just be paitient. thanks

Back