where to draw the line with buying guitars?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well put in both cases. It's strange that you should mention the $400 dollar guitars and relate to 25 years ago. I was talking to my rhythm player last night, who had been my friend and who I have played along side for 43 years. We both talked about how lucky begginers are today, and how much hardware is out there for people to choose from regardless of budget. Gone are the days of 1/2" string hight and truss rods that don't work. You mention PRS and I wonder how many people are aware of just how automated their process is. I was led to undestand by a former PRS employee that PRS stays as far away from ebony fret boards as possible because they use a fret inserting machine and the ebony will chip if machine inserted. So how much should you pay for a good guitar? That's up to all of us. One things for sure though. Good guitars only go up in price and Made in USA is part of that price.

You mention PRS and I wonder how many people are aware of just how automated their process is. I was led to undestand by a former PRS employee that PRS stays as far away from ebony fret boards as possible because they use a fret inserting machine and the ebony will chip if machine inserted.

Ya a prs is almost fully cnc made. I have yet to see a non custom prs with an ebony board. They can do it because jackson does but jackson does some special process.

Back