Where does Petrucci get his IIC+ Heads?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntg

Reaction score
Seems like every IIC+ I see of his looks brand new...anyone have any insights?

So that begs the question, (and I even hate to ask it...) can anyone order a new IIC+ from Mesa Boogie?

even if you are john petrucci.. they haven't been made since the 80's. he just gets the headshells and knobs etc brand new whenever he wants

Sorry to sound ignorant, but it seems he ran across some IIC+ heads just like the rest of us regular joes, had some custom shop shells made and cleaned them up?

you got the second half correct. he's been using the same 2c+'s for years, probably since the 80's. You won't find him scouring ebay like the rest of us.

Not since the 80´s as far as I know.

According to an interview with JP after the release of Awake, his first IIC+ was a loan from Mark Snyder during the recording of Awake. He later bought the amp and it´s been his main one ever since.

He used a boogie head in the late 80´s (as seen on the WDAD-reUnite DVD), but I don´t think it was a IIC+. He also had a Quad/295 based rack rig (also seen on that DVD and was probably used on I&W) that later morphed into his Triaxis/2:90 rig.

Back