where can i get new pop in castors for a halfback 4x12?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
last night my "road ready" cab hit a bump in the sidewalk at load in and one of the castors broke in half.

irock713074b.jpg

yikes.

so is there anywhere i can get one, or even a whole new set of these?
i really don't have to have to install the track-lok ones if i don't have to.
i did that once before...huge pain in the ***.

I believe the Fender casters are 2" wheels rather than the Mesa 3" wheels. It was a nice try but I don't think these are what you want. A while back I was trying to track down a set of these casters. I came up with the following link but never did contact them. If these folks do have what you need or you find some other resource I would appreciate your letting the board know as I could use a set of these for a cab of mine. Here is the link.

http://www.californiacaster.com/CASTERS/frameSet.html

You need to follow the link from the Institutional Casters then to the Stem Casters. The link above should have taken you there but didn't for me when I came back and tried it after posting.

Cheers,
Gary

BTW I believe it is the first set of casters with the stems that are 7/16" dia and 1 3/8" length are the ones you want. I would measure your stem to be sure though.

Gary

Blueracer said:
I believe the Fender casters are 2" wheels rather than the Mesa 3" wheels. It was a nice try but I don't think these are what you want. A while back I was trying to track down a set of these casters. I came up with the following link but never did contact them. If these folks do have what you need or you find some other resource I would appreciate your letting the board know as I could use a set of these for a cab of mine. Here is the link.

http://www.californiacaster.com/CASTERS/frameSet.html

You need to follow the link from the Institutional Casters then to the Stem Casters. The link above should have taken you there but didn't for me when I came back and tried it after posting.

Cheers,
Gary

Wow, cool link. I could use casters for all of my mesa cabs 8)

Here is a point source for the wheel size. My 4x12 halfback has 3" diameter wheels with the pressure fit stem as shown in Jim's picuture on the first post. Hope this helps.

Gary

George,

In my original post I had a link to California Casters. Unfortunately the link did not go directly to the page with the casters hence the further instructions.

California Casters is not the manufacturer of the wheel I have. The manufacturer is Faultless. There is not a part number on the wheel unfortunately. I did go to the Faultless website and found their product catelogue. On a brief going through the catelogue I found what appears to be the caster I have on page 21 under series EW Stem Casters. If you look at the page it is identical to the referenced page on California Casters web site. The link to the Faultless catelogue is

http://www.faultlesscaster.com/pdf/faultless-catalog.pdf

I think the Basick wheels would probably work fine. The reference number to the 3" wheels I believe is 66039389 (a 3 was left out in George's post).

In the thread where you bought the 4x12 (BTW congrats on the cab, you will really like it and as you said it sounds BIG) there were some posts about 2" casters being the original size. I would think these would be inadequate for this cab. My 3" wheels do really well and I would hate to go smaller than this. I did compare the stem size to the Fender wheels and they are different otherwise you might have used these inserts. Best not to try this though. So if you find a souce for the inserts this would be helpful also.

Cheers,
Gary

Latest posts

Back