Where are the heads?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koadogg

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten anything definitive on where the Heads are? I called my GC salesman and he was checking into it since I had a date of May 14th, but I haven't heard back. Are they out at all?

Scott

Mungo Zen said:
L&M in Canada has been reporting that they will ship starting the last week of May. So...soon.
The guy I bought mine from said Mesa was sending the initial batch of heads last week... but he couldn't tell me whether my order would be among that initial batch :cry: .

Reading the MkV manual does help a bit, but still, the wait is killing me! Has anyone received news from their dealer??

I ordered mine on 18th January from GC (I wish I hadn't gone to GC but I had some store credit with them). The GC rep told me last week that the tentative date on my order is 06/16/2009 but that it could be sooner than that too. I was frustrated with the wait a month back, but now it's just a feeling of calmness. It'll get here when it gets here and then I'll have a blast :)

I ordered mine on January 20th from GC and I was given a date of May 14th a few weeks back. I got to get on the horn and fin out more info...

Yeah Hix Bros has one, I just called, hoping it was mine. Ive had a custom grey on order since Namm and they got a stock black one first. OYE!

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to chime and say hello, I'm a Noob on the boards here and this is my first post. Also wanted to say that I've had my Mark V head for about six days now and it ROCKS! I have to admit, this is a totally different animal to me as my previous amp was an Express 5:50. I'm struggling a little to dial it in to "MY" tone, but it's allot of fun to mess around with. It's such a "tight" sounding amp which I'm not really accustomed to, but I'm hoping it will make me a better player. I'm extremely impressed with all of the channels, but the clean is what surprised me the most. When I bought this amp, I have to admit, it was for the Mark IIc+ and IV modes. The cleans on this amp are really pristine and beautiful. As you might imagine, the high gain channels are awesome and "sing" in their own special way! Looking forward to getting some feedback from all of you and maybe some help dialing it in. Thanks and see you "on the boards".

smd24fan said:
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to chime and say hello, I'm a Noob on the boards here and this is my first post. Also wanted to say that I've had my Mark V head for about six days now and it ROCKS! I have to admit, this is a totally different animal to me as my previous amp was an Express 5:50. I'm struggling a little to dial it in to "MY" tone, but it's allot of fun to mess around with. It's such a "tight" sounding amp which I'm not really accustomed to, but I'm hoping it will make me a better player. I'm extremely impressed with all of the channels, but the clean is what surprised me the most. When I bought this amp, I have to admit, it was for the Mark IIc+ and IV modes. The cleans on this amp are really pristine and beautiful. As you might imagine, the high gain channels are awesome and "sing" in their own special way! Looking forward to getting some feedback from all of you and maybe some help dialing it in. Thanks and see you "on the boards".

Welcome and enjoy your new amp! I'm still waiting for my head to arrive. When it does I would be more than happy to share settings with you.

gibson5413 said:
smd24fan said:
Hey Guys,

Welcome and enjoy your new amp! I'm still waiting for my head to arrive. When it does I would be more than happy to share settings with you.

Thanks man, hope yours comes soon!

Please post details... where did you get it, what is the serial number, when did you order it. Not that we don't believe you, it's just that this info helps us piece together the puzzle. :p

Mark Fore said:
Please post details... where did you get it, what is the serial number, when did you order it. Not that we don't believe you, it's just that this info helps us piece together the puzzle. :p

No problem, it is SN# MKV-000042. I ordered from John T. at Mesa Hollywood on exactly March 17th and took delivery last Thursday. Here is a link to some pics.

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/smd24fan/Mark%20V/

smd24fan said:
Mark Fore said:

No problem, it is SN# MKV-000042. I ordered from John T. at Mesa Hollywood on exactly March 17th and took delivery last Thursday. Here is a link to some pics.

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/smd24fan/Mark%20V/

Disregard the crappy settings guys, these pics were on day one with my brother's cab! I had no idea what I was doing yet!

smd24fan said:
Hey Guys,

Welcome to the board!! Hang on man a lot of us still havent received their heads, im guessing this forum will be much more intresting in the near futur.

Takecare!

rispsira said:
smd24fan said:
Hey Guys,

Welcome to the board!! Hang on man a lot of us still havent received their heads, im guessing this forum will be much more intresting in the near futur.

Takecare!

Thanks for the welcome!

GC called today and confirmed that there was a delay for the heads. They said that the Mesa rep said that only a handfull of heads are out to a few dealers as demo's and a few artists. He said that my head should be in the first or second week of June. No firm date.

Scott

Koadogg said:
GC called today and confirmed that there was a delay for the heads. They said that the Mesa rep said that only a handfull of heads are out to a few dealers as demo's and a few artists. He said that my head should be in the first or second week of June. No firm date.

Scott

What? Oh boy, here we go some more!

But just aminute...If thats true, then smd24fan must be a major artist, or have a demo...right?

Who wants to believe GC this time guys? I know I for one am getting sick of these delays/alledged delays. Other folks have had their amps for acouple of weeks now...I want mine too **** it!

apr turns to may turns to june turns to july, etc, etc...

-1000 for believing GC again.

But I think a lot of us are going to be ordering from Mesa Hollywood next time. Thanks for posting your head info man. It just makes it that much more cool. #42!!!! WOW!!! Considering how many thousands of Mark IV's were produced, having #42 of the V's is KILLER!!

Mark Fore said:
-1000 for believing GC again.

But I think a lot of us are going to be ordering from Mesa Hollywood next time. Thanks for posting your head info man. It just makes it that much more cool. #42!!!! WOW!!! Considering how many thousands of Mark IV's were produced, having #42 of the V's is KILLER!!

Yeah, I hadn't looked until you guys asked! Sad to report, I am not a major artist or anything, apparently I'm just extremely lucky!

Latest posts

Back