Where are all the Princeton Boost amps?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billboogie

Reaction score
I have been reading up on the history of the Boogies and I am wondering if anyone here has ever owned, played through, seen or heard any of the Prune Music Princeton Boost amps that were the first boogies. From what I read there were supposedly 200-300 of these built. I also read that alot of these amps are still around. Information and pics are hard to come by so I'm turning to the board for any additional infomation on these elusive amps.

For the last ten years I have seen the same one for sale at two different stores.
The owner of the first store was terminally ill and sold all of his vintage Boogie stock to the other store.
It did not last long before it was sold. I've seen several homages or fakes though, more so than the real ones.
So yes, it's pretty elusive.

Boogiebabies said:
For the last ten years I have seen the same one for sale at two different stores.
The owner of the first store was terminally ill and sold all of his vintage Boogie stock to the other store.
It did not last long before it was sold. I've seen several homages or fakes though, more so than the real ones.
So yes, it's pretty elusive.

And it looks like more are on the way. Read some stuff here and there about people taking on the task. I guess it's just a short story with not much to be told. I'll still keep digging though. I'm curious as to how close the early MK1's sound was to those amps. I'm gonna find the earliest MK(or Princeton Boost) I can find/afford and snag it someday soon (still saving) and I'm trying to learn as much about them to see how far back I can go. If they are that tough to find I better keep saving or start with an early MK. Thanks for letting that you have come across one. I now know they're out there.

I borrowed and played one 15 or so years ago. RS penciled on the chassis, and confirmed by Randy that it was in fact his writing. I returned it to the friend who loaned it to me, and he in turn returned it to the owner, who I'm reaching out to today. It was AMAZING:)

Latest posts

Back