When it rains it pours but when it shines!!! WOW!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can wire each stack to give a 4ohm load i.e. in series and then each stack plugs into one of the 4ohm outlet.
Ian

If both pairs of speakers are at 4ohms, and you're running each pair in parallel into the amp, then isn't the total impedance 2ohms? Or am I missing something?

Mine is rarer:

IMG_1526.png

GTS you are the one who's missing something

8 + 8 in || = 4 ohms
4 + 4 in || = 2 ohms

The four ohm outputs on the back are in parallel, so you are running two 4 ohm loads at 2 ohms total.

But according to the Boogiebabies school of thought that's still ok, roughly equivalent to running a 4 ohm cab in the 8 ohm jack.

gts said:
If both pairs of speakers are at 4ohms, and you're running each pair in parallel into the amp, then isn't the total impedance 2ohms? Or am I missing something?

Phyrexia I stand corrected as I did not realize the Two 4 ohm jacks on the back of the amp were wired in parallel inside the chasis.

Based on the wording above... it read like he was saying the two stacks of 4 ohms were then connected in parallel to each other (outside the amp) creating the 2ohm load.

This was not the case.

I thought it was two 4 ohm loads going into two seperate 4 ohm jacks (no internal wiring).

I see now why a Series box is in order!

Sorry about that Racerboy44 (and others)

No worries... I just didn't want you to blow that beautiful amp up!!!

Back