What's the difference between Stiletto Deuce 1 and 2?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickja1

Reaction score
And while your here..... I'm stuck between the Dual Rec and the Stiletto. I play in a Pop/Punk band..... Blink, Green Day, Bowling for Soup, tell me your opinion!

if ur playing punk than stiletto is the obvious way to go IMO.All punk sound is just based on the EL34 marshall like tone

Well considering your playing bubble gum cali-pop punk blink/bowling etc....you may as well go the rectos...thats what blink etc use.

But the stiletto is much more diverse sounding imo....ive used mine to play post hardcore, punk rock, classic rock, metal (Modern and black metal).....i want to give it a spin in a jazz or funk setting, i think it would kick *** there too

ah yeah if your using a two guitar set up and the other guitarist is using a recto go for the stilletto or vice versa....the two amps complement each other well.

in my band we use a stiletto deuce (me) and a triple recto(singer) and the sound is awesome.....

if you want to hear what it can sound like... www.myspace.com/kiaiacademy

listen to am i dead now? thats the stilletto/recto combo,except for the leads which we used a framus cobra

That sounds really great kiai_lee! I totally agree about getting complimenting amps instead of the same. My brother plays an F-50 and I have the Deuce. They both sound great alone, but sound AMAZING together 8). If you're a one guitar band, I'm kind of biased toward the Stiletto :oops:

Older Blink= Marshall
Newer and most Blink = 2 channel triple mixed with a marshall.

Bowling for Soup i am not sure what they used before mesa, but they did eventualy switch over 3 channel mesa's.

blink used the marshalls on buddah and cheshire cat, dude ranch was recorded with mesa but they toured with marshall.....everything after that was mesa doubled with marshall, but after dude ranch they were predominantly a mesa band....

Bowling for soup have used mesa for as long as i can remember

kiai_lee said:
ah yeah if your using a two guitar set up and the other guitarist is using a recto go for the stilletto or vice versa....the two amps complement each other well.

in my band we use a stiletto deuce (me) and a triple recto(singer) and the sound is awesome.....

if you want to hear what it can sound like... www.myspace.com/kiaiacademy

listen to am i dead now? thats the stilletto/recto combo,except for the leads which we used a framus cobra
Band sounds good, mate. Love the angst and aggression you guys put out .

Get a Marshall for punk, they mike up really well and setting an EQ is ridiclously easy to do on one.. a Stilleto is too good for punk... :shock:

+1 go for the Marshall

the Stiletto has far too many soundimages on hand.
Marshall has got punkstagecredibility

... for some people the ACE even sounds too harsh.
I would say the Stiletto is too sensitive, with a small
turn on the knobs the sound will vary a lot - for beer
proof sounds go for the Marshall.

Never mind the bollocks!

Back