what's the diff between 50 cal+ and and DC-2?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth155

Reaction score
i'm wondering what the tone difference is between these 2 amps? i have the 50 caliber+ (which needs repairs) but i'm wondering what the DC-2 is like? especially the amount of gain and the texture.
i live in an apartment and 50 watts is completely over kill for my needs
so besides the obvious differences, like the DC2 having separate controls for eq. one being 20 watts, the other being 50 etc

Make no mistake - the volume difference between a 50 watt tube amp and a 20 watt tube amp is not much. Heck, even 1 watt all-tube is loud! Tube amps are just loud so just know that a tube amp in general may be considered 'overkill' in an apartment. I live in an apartment though and get great tone at any volume with my DC-3 and two Recto cabs. I'm dying to play with a band though!

Tone-wise I would only be guessing (since i've not heard either amp in person) that the DC-2 would be more mid-heavy with it's EL-84s. The cleans will be more Vox like with the DC-2. Prob not much help...

Latest posts

Back