What's the deal with the bag over the reverb tank?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosajwp

Reaction score
Why do Mesa's have a vinyl bag covering the reverb tank? Are there any negatives to taking it off? Mine is kinda nasty looking, so I was thinking of taking it off. Can new ones be bought from Mesa?

Yeah take it off !!! LOL NO take it off and clean it, then put it back on for sure or just buy a new on, that protects your tank man.

I meant to add this but forgot. "Not ALL amps have these bags over the there tanks, but Not ALL amps are built aswell as a mesa either." So just remember that. Some of the best amps out there have bags over the tanks. Look in the back of a fender, the tanks in the bag man...

I meant to add this but forgot. "Not ALL amps have these bags over the there tanks, but Not ALL amps are built aswell as a mesa either." So just remember that. Some of the best amps out there have bags over the tanks. Look in the back of a fender, the tanks in the bag man...

Well put. I forgot to mention this as well. The only Mesa amps that I've seen without bags on the Reverb Tanks are the Mark & DC heads. I think they don't use them to save a little space.

Think about the fact that Black & Silverface Fenders still have the original tanks after 20-40 years. The bag is why.

actually, the bag helps eliminate mechanical coupling of the reverb tank to the cabinet. It's there to help kill reverb feedback. Being a combo there is a lot more vibrations inside the cab.

Latest posts

Back