What's a good multi-effects unit for the Road King II?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MojoFilter

Reaction score
Hi, folks -

I'm trying to find a good solution for a cover band that I'm involved in. I just ordered the Road King II head, and was planning on using a Boss GT-8 with the 4CM for my effects. However, I have never been completely happy with the sound quality of the GT-8, and need some advice.

Since the RKII head also has 4 channels, it would be ideal to have something that would be able to switch channels as I change patches.

What is the best solution for this sort of thing? I want to keep the tone of the Road King preserved as best I can, but need as much effect flexibility as I can get, in the simplest format available.

Thanks in advance!

several options, in order of least to most expensive:

-TC gmajor and fcb1010 floorboard.
-pod xt live and a axess electr. CFX4
-TC gsystem.
-TC gforce and a floorboard and CFX4

singe the road kings are both serial and parallel loop you can try the rocktron xpression.

RKIIs only have 2 serial loops.

I would go with a TC electronics... not any of the POD junk

Has anyone tried a Road King II with either a Boss GT-8 or a GT Pro? If so, what were your results?

I'm using the GT-8 with the Roadster. I had to completely re-configure the unit (create a new INIT patch) with the levels worked out. I can post it if you're interested in trying it. The trick is getting the levels right.

After setting it up, I couldn't be happier with the results (I'd be happier if I could use the GT-8 to switch amp channels without an external MIDI controlled switching unit though). The effects are great without any digital issues.

Im very skeptical of any digi multi fx units plugged into any tube amp.

Analogman, Budda, Hughes Kettner and most hand made pedals is my choice but dont read my BS.

I use the GT-8 with my Road King II and it sounds good to me after you get the levels correct with the loop. But I have not really tried any other multi-effects like a GForce so I don't really have anything to compare to. I have HEARD that getting something like a G-Force will sound much better, but again, haven't gone down that path yet.

Dear guys, would much appreciate if you can share your setting here, both the amp's level and the effect setting. I'm already so headahce on setting the same!! :(

Latest posts

Back