...whats a fair price to pay for a used Roadking?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konstantine RK

Reaction score
Im thinking about selling my Roadking... the tweaking and chasing the tone over the past 3 years is just not for me. I paid 3000.00 for a full half stack but Im only selling the head.

The Randall RM100 is what Im going to use.... the modules are a great flexibility to a guitarist over time, the FX loop is a no nonsense approach to amps and the self biasing tubes put my decision over the top.

Thank you

Kon

You should have that mothership dialed after 3 years!

Nevertheless, it sounds like you've made your decision already...

You have a RK1 right? I'm not too good with this stuff, but...

My local L&M is selling a new RKII for $3200CAD (holy eff!), so add in the used factor and maybe the fact that the RK1 is a bit rarer... maybe around $1500-2000? That's a pretty wide range... I'm just guessing. I'm sure someone else would know better.

I tried out a RKI for $1300 from GC - very clean condition.
Took it back and went for a Rev F instead.
Just suited me better...

Randall

Thanks for the reply.... This Roadking had just been sent to Mesa this past summer for warranty servicing.... Everything inside is upgraded and there are no problems with the head
It's a simple case of too much attn paid to tweaking.... Not enough attn payed to playing guitar.
I have a cordex slip cover and new tubes in the thing.... I'm throwing in an extra King controller switching device. Think I'm going to try for around $1900 those king controllers are not cheap

It's just the right time to sell the amp because it is too high maintenance or just too interesting to fiddle with the sound....

I'm going to put it on sale soon here but I will tweak out any saving grace? But I'm certain it's time for something else

I agree, I love my RKII. But at times Im more interested with tweaking then playing.......very annoying when you look back at the end of the day and you accomplished NOTHING!

well Im offering a package deal...Roadking head just out of Petaluma CA, two King kontrollers, two switcher cables 30" and 15", Cordex slip cover, manual and an extra set of 6L6's for $2000.00 shipped in a Mesa box with all the proper packaging

I paid $3000.00 btw

Latest posts

Back