What year?Would you?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David.W

Reaction score
I have a chance at buying a local triple rec 2 channel. I already have a triple 3 channel but all this 'versus' talk gave me GAS, cheers!

I think the seriel is r-009150. Im guessing 1996 based on other amps ive seen. Is there anything significant about the amp, is it a keeper etc. I may get it for $800 cdn.

Thanks boogie board...
Input please

PS I did call Mesa 3 times and I keep getting machines.

No specific info on the amp itself but here are my thoughts in general . . .

If you have enough cash, buy the 2-channel and A/B it with your current 3 channel for a month, then sell the one you like the least 8) . Definitely worth a try since everybody seems to have a preference regarding which Recto configuration is the best (el34 vs 6l6 tubes, 50 vs 100 watts, and of course 2 vs 3 channels). You won't know which is better for you until you try it out.
Only risk may be if the 2-channel has not been retubed recently, or if the owner made some really sh***y tube choices, you may need to drop some $$ on new tubes.

Just don't keep both. Get a Stiletto, LSC, Mark IV, or another amp that has a whole different vibe from the Recto.

Thanks for the reply man, ive been A/B ing all night I posted in detail about my findings here...
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=8972&start=45

I like the idea of buying the amp and holding it for a while but you know what im really liking my 3 channel now ive compared them.

My sick plan was to buy another cab run both heads in stereo but swap the 2 channel over to el34's, I cant even imagine what that would sound like.

Latest posts

Back