What wireless?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax61

Reaction score
I just wanted to do a quick survey sorta thing to find out what wireless systems you guys are using.

What system?
Why did you choose that system?
What do you/don't you like about it?

Shure ULXS14. Awesome unit, no signal loss or alteration. Wireless systems are a prime example of you get what you pay for, so don't go cheap if your signal is sacred to you.

Sennheiser, dont remember the model its $299.99 from musiciansfriend.

awesome, simply awesome.

Ultra long battery life, good range and it never cuts out

Most probably it is a Sennheiser Freeport. I have been using one with my DR for more than half a year and it works perfectly. It is very clean and low noise. Just buy a charger and two rechargeable 9V batteries as well.

With some of the modern technology out there, I'd have to say it's getting pretty darn close.

I just got my Sennheiser EW172G2 system the other day. I haven't had a whole lot of time to use it yet, but I will at practice on Sunday. So far though, I'm very impressed with it. For as long as I noodled with it, I didn't have any dropouts glitches or other anomolies. Tone and volume are right up there with the cable.

Frequency response and frequency agility were the two deciding factors in my choice of this system. I play bass and use my low B a LOT, so I needed something that would be able to handle it. I also live in an area with a lot of Military, police, TV, and other UHF transmissions going on, so I need freq agility. The G2 unit has 1440 channels and the ability to scan to find a clear channel.

We have three gigs next weekend, so that will be the real test of whether it works well for me.

Latest posts

Back