What was your first tube amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marshall 1987 50w plexi with 2x12 cab, but the first "tube thing" was an old marshall 9000 serie pre-amp, coupled with a marshall 8008 mos-fet power amp. Now I have a mesa mkII b but I still have the other amps.

Mesa Triple Rectifier 3 channel head. Custom ordered it in 2005. It was a great amp....until the Reborns came out, then I had to have those!

-AJH

Used 2 Channel Mesa Triple Recto and a Mesa Traditional 4x12.... still one of the greatest high gain amps I've ever owned.

Peavey Classic 30.

I have since owned:
-Mesa Mark IIc combo
-Egnater Tweaker head

And now am on the hunt for a Mark III head. [EDIT: Purchased a red stripe.]

well, after some shitty (and some others not so shitty) rolands, peaveys, marshalls and crates ss amps my first real tube amp was a ada mp-1 preamp / mesa 50/50 power amp combo through a marshall 2x12 vertical cab.

cool gear 8)

Mark IIC+ SRG Combo in White tolex and black speaker grill. I waited all summer in 84 I think for it to arrive after ordering from Mesa. I think there was a 3-4 month wait for them. I was so happy when the UPS man finally showed up with it, he must have thought I was a bit strange...

Today she still looks brand new and was recapped and gone threw last year by Mikeb. Still has original preamp tubes, the original power amp tubes still tested fine but Mikeb recommended replacing them. I bought her a custom color Thiele Cabinet this Christmas:

148566188.jpg

I have very few amps in the past.

First one was a HiWatt Lead 50 half stack. Could not afford a Marshall.

Then went to ADA MP-1 with a Carvin Tube 100, Peavey 5150, Mesa Dual Rect, Mark III Coliseum, Single Rect and a Roadster.

MrMarkIII said:
Brand new Deluxe Reverb. My dad bought it for me for $244.50.
Of course, in '65, they didn't put the "65" in front of the name.
That was Awesome... I miss my Dad...
First amp with tubes, MB LSS.

My first was a JCM800 2210. 1988. I still have it and I still love it.

My first tube amp was a used mid-70s Marshall Mark-II Lead amp. I used it with a Peavey 4x12 cab that I had (came off an old Musician stack). Played it for a number of years - until it was stolen. Miss that amp. My second tube amp was one of the earlier Son of Boogie amp that Randall came out with. Loved it. Used both of them at gigs. The same thief who took my Marshall took the Mesa also.

Vigo1999 said:
bgh said:
The same thief who took my Marshall took the Mesa also.

Uhhhnnnn??? :?: :?:
We had a guy who had tried out for a band I was in back in Connecticut. He wanted to borrow my amps for a weekend. We let him do it, and never saw him again. Several years later I heard that he was possibly living in Florida.

At the time I was young and stupid and actually believed that he was "borrowing" them.

It took some thinking but I paid $225.00 for a Musicman HD212, I think Eric Clapton was playing them back then. I blew the speakers in no time playing it super loud outside and sold it for $100.00 so I could buy the 1970 Marshall 100 watt Super Tremolo half stack for $400.00 that smoked the Musicman, this is around 1979 when I was sixteen. My friend's father owned a Boogie wicker/hardwood combo, a real beauty, he said his dad paid $1,200.00 for it, I was wowed that anyone would pay that much for a combo, but it had that sound. Yeah, I know, but if I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times.........

bgh said:
Vigo1999 said:
bgh said:
The same thief who took my Marshall took the Mesa also.

Uhhhnnnn??? :?: :?:
We had a guy who had tried out for a band I was in back in Connecticut. He wanted to borrow my amps for a weekend. We let him do it, and never saw him again. Several years later I heard that he was possibly living in Florida.

At the time I was young and stupid and actually believed that he was "borrowing" them.

wow, that sucks :x

sorry for your loss . . . :(

JCM 800 2203 half stack. That was a BIG step up from my previous Peavey Backstage 1 x10 SS combo! :shock:

Next tube amp was my Mesa Boogie MkIII Simul-Class, which I still have. 8)

Latest posts

Back